Home General Discussion

More Music

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just wanted to tell you our setup for listening to music. I bought a Bose radio from QVC and rip cds to my laptop. We listen to everything from Classical, Jazz,Country ,  folk, rock, Blues and anything you can think of. I currently have 2,420 songs or158 hours of music loaded. Then I put the laptop on random and the mix is fantastic. It's amazing how everything blends into the different genres. Just a thought for you music lovers out there.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google music is my jam, or Pandora.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad for you. I had to quit listening to most music years ago when I found it was distracting me from buying more cigars.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple Music, SoundCloud, Mixcloud, Pandora.. I basically stream music all day long makes the work day go by.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandora.....I can pick and choose and forget about it
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping in mind that I am an analog guy in a digital world, what is this Pandora you speak of?  I gave blood Wednesday and they had a fantastic playlist playing in the background.  I asked what it was and the lady said it was Pandora.  I didn't want her to think I was too stupid not to know what that was, so I didn't ask.

What is it and how do I get it?  Thanks.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    https://www.pandora.com
    It has a free version and can be played on PC, phone or some car radios.
    Pretty simple to sign up.

You can chose songs, genre and tailor your playlists to what you like.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.  I'll give it a try.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Spotify is pretty user friendly. You can either let it pick songs by genre type or you can pick & save songs to different playlists. The free version has an ad every 30 minutes, or you can pay to be ad-free.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For you Spotify fans .... check out Boil The Frog (they're currently updating the software but should be back up soon) ..... 

http://static.echonest.com/BoilTheFrog/

You enter the name of two artists and it will create a seemless 15-ish song playlist between the 2 artists.   Pretty cool

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Pandora every day at work. Created Johnny Cash, big band, ragtime jazz, and classic country stations. Found this awesome app called tube mate too, which allows me to rip music off youtube videos and burn my own cds. Got a ton of road trip mixes.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will also usually give your computer gonnoherpesyphilaids
    My wife's new car has iheart radio and Pandora, so I thought I would try it on her car. 3 hours later, I find out you have to install some Toyota app on the phone to get it to play through the car.
    Then I get it all set up, connect to the car and it tells me it has to do a mandatory update. 
    An hour later, I was finally able to get it to play on the car stereo.
    Love technology.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Love Pandora.

PBS puts on a lot of donation driven "Specials" with the older sounds and I try to catch everyone of them. Holly's mother use to hear it and slowly make her way to my room. We didn't talk much, more of a smiling tapping toe thing.

The last one I caught was devoted To "Do Wop" and it was amazing. Recorded it and I have watched it 3 times. If I could afford the donation I would have both the complete DVD and CD set.
    Because so many of the original artists have passed they combined groups and added some younger singers to record the songs. Brilliant idea, and it worked. They even had a large sprinkling of the original band members in the orchestra. I got so carried away with the volume my wife was forced to close all the hallway doors. If you remember it you should watch it. You will feel good.
    I like the podcasts.
    I like listening to the PBS podcasts. Some are funny, some are informative.
    Some I turn off. LOL!

I have mostly classic rock and guitar rock on my stations.
    Although I do listen to some country once in a while.
    Mostly to annoy equipment operators, but that's another thing. LOL!

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one NPR program I truly miss is A Prarie Home Companion, with Garrison Keillor. Used to tune in every week just to hear the news from Lake Wobegone.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Pandora on a tablet when I'm at the house. Up the hill 100 yards in my studio I have no w-fi but I've got a old I Pod plugged into a boom box and that gives me four days of music. Mostly classic blues, jazz, opera, and rock.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris stapleton radio on Pandora
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime members can try Amazon music unlimited for four months right now for $0.99.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I'm surprised at how many Frank Zappa albums show up on Amazon Music Unlimited.

...moving on to the Full-Custom Gospel Sounds of The Reverend Horton Heat.
    Post edited by Yakster on
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )