Home General Discussion

Top Ten Brick & Mortar Cigars

LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
Ok, I am trying to get a general concensus on what you as a consumer think are the ten best cigars you want to see when walking into a humidor at a brick & mortar shop to buy cigars. PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ONLINE CIGARS in your list.

So, please list the top ten cigars you'd like to see in stock at a B&M store.
LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bltc, 1502, Viaje, La Palina, Crowned Heads, Illusione, Roma Craft, FQ, Saka, Curivari.  A few others should be up there too but there is 10.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I don't understand "brick and mortar" cigars. Are there cigars that can only be sold online?  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure that AJ has at least one cigar that is exclusive to Cigar.com, which is strictly an online retailer.  Besides this I don't know of too many other examples of "online" cigars.  Some bitter B&M owners will tell you that all cigars purchased online are seconds though.  I never get into discussions with owners on what I have, I only talk about what they have and what I'm buying there.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liga, My Father, Bltc, Davidoff, Roma Craft, Padron, Tat, La Palina, Viaje, LFD

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yellow Rose, Tennessee Waltz
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Brick & Mortar cigars are cigars found only in shops NOT online.
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    There are a few that can only be found in B&Ms, mostly the regional ones, but even a lot of times, those can be found online.
    I know Davidoff has regional ones that can only be purchased in specific stores, like their NYC Downtown line.

So all of the cigars, with exception of the Davidoff ones I want (some I already have), there really aren't a lot of cigars that I want, save limited out of production cigars, that I can't get online.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avo Lounge Exclusive was very good. I've got a couple cigars from a trip to NYC, but haven't smoked them yet. I can't think of any other lounge exclusives I've ever had.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The R. Fields Wine Company in Hawaii gets exclusives from several boutique cigar makers, some I've tried, some no longer available:

Viaje Hulk (for Roman)
    Tatuaje Masubi
    Warped La Hacienda Especial
    Crowned Heads Paniolo Especiale 2015
    My Father Le Bijou Hawaii Exclusive
    My Father Jaime Garcia Hawaii Exclusive
    Illusione "MCSLAM" Cigars Prive R. Field Exclusive
    PDR AFR 75 "Paka Ali'i" Hawaii Exclusive

The Cigar Underground in Texas has the Espinosa Murcielago BSC, a nice cigar.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Karma Cigar Donkey Droppings
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Oh, and of course one of my favorite cigars, West Coast Cigars 10th anniversary Evil Clown barberpole from Espinosa Cigars.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Oh, and of course one of my favorite cigars, West Coast Cigars 10th anniversary Evil Clown barberpole from Espinosa Cigars.
    I know you buy them all up before I get there... lol 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

Brick & Mortar cigars are cigars found only in shops NOT online.
    I'm still a little confused.  Are you talking about regional release? If so, others have provided lots of good answers.  Personally I love all of CHs regional releases.  But of course most of these can be ordered and shipped so I still don't know what you mean by BnM only cigars. 
    edited March 2018
    How about the Roma Craft Wunder|Lúst, available only in Germany?  Does this qualify?

Most B&M's will ship, if you call them up.  It's cheaper to have a box of R. Fields Wines cigar exclusives shipped than to buy them in the store, due to taxes, etc.  If they were available locally in California, it would still be cheaper to have them shipped from out-of-state due to the insanely high California cigar taxes.

I still haven't really figured out the distinction here between B&M cigars and Online cigars.  

Yakster said:
    How about the Roma Craft Wunder|Lúst, available only in Germany?  Does this qualify?

Most B&M's will ship, if you call them up.  It's cheaper to have a box of R. Fields Wines cigar exclusives shipped than to buy them in the store, due to taxes, etc.  If they were available locally in California, it would still be cheaper to have them shipped from out-of-state due to the insanely high California cigar taxes.

I still haven't really figured out the distinction here between B&M cigars and Online cigars.  
    Right! I was in Phoenix last year and wanted to buy a box of something and when I told him I was from out of state he told me to order online and I'd save a bunch in taxes. 

Ive also order a couple of boxes of store exclusives from Twins Smokeshop and had them shipped.