Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The "One Time" Pass

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Evening Gents,

Being around a little more lately has me in the mood to start some fun.  Was thinking of doing a One Time Pas64ss.  Simple enough.....sticks that were a one time/not regular production product. 

Example would be NO Padron 64s, Caldwell along Live the King, or God of Fires...but YES to Padron 80th, Tatuaje Hyde, or Carrillo Short Run 2016

Rules are simple:
  1. I'll send out a box with 10 sticks and post pic
  2. Once you get the pass take up to three and leave as many as you take, within the same rough price range. 
  3. Take a picture of takes and puts and post them
  4. Send to the next person on the list
  5. All other pass etiquette/rules apply.....good trader, etc. 

Who is in? 

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the 5 Vegas limitadas count? Lol
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I could dig out a couple of sticks for this, in please.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure Rham, feel free to replace them with any other 3 dollar sticks in there:)
    PatBrick so far and myself
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the good news with that is you will truly only have to pass it one time
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure I can find a stick or two in this category. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Patrick, matkn....

Truly thought this was a category where there would be more interest.  Am I the only one who likes these one time/one off blends? 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about it but I'm not sure I'd have much to offer, honestly. I'd probably  get the pass and have to do a one for one swap. It is a good idea though.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested, but not sure I have any Limited Edition. I usually smoke them when I get them! I thought that was what they were for! I'll look and let you know tommorow. I have a bag or 2 from Jim, maybe there are some in there.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went through the cooler looking but I don't have anything that meets the criteria, otherwise I'd have been interested buddy.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just not that cool, I'm kinda cheap too.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I'm just not that cool, I'm kinda cheap too.

Me too. It's a very unique and interesting pass idea but, I don't think I have much to offer. I haven't bought a lot of LE stuff and the LE stuff I do have has been given to me and will be special to me when I get around to smoking them. I would be reluctant to add them to a pass. 
    Understood.  If a few more don't join we will just let the pass, pass.  They don't have to be all expensive sticks my any means either...I mean off the top of my head Four Kicks had a LE 2017, most of the Viaje Skull and Bones are one offs, each years Las Calaveras, and all the lost and found collection.  I do get that it's more boutique stuff that isn't up everyone's alley though. 
    If it does in fact "pass" let's do a three way blind swap. 

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ just itchin' to mess someone up, aren't you?  Ya, I know how you are...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Hey now, hey now, hey now!  I think this is a great idea for a pass. However, if there is not enough people to make it happen, I would love to still do something smaller. There is no treachery here. Kinkiness maybe. Shenanigans, me, no way!

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark, you had me at Kinky and three way!!!!!!  I'm still game.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.