Home General Discussion

Spanish Cedar

jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
I looked for past threads on this and didn't see a real answer. Does anybody know a source for S. Cedar that is reasonable? I don't need a ton but it seems pricy.

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eBay just watch the shipping charges
  • jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Yes,that is where I've been shopping. It's just pricy stuff I guess unless you live in C.A.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think someone mentioned it the other day in the 101 section, a discussion on refrigerator set up, if I'm not mistaken.  Which I often am.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I just broke down and bought some. Paid for it but at least I'll have more stability in my fridge,and it will smell GREAT!
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get spanish cedar from woodcraft. They have 3 locations in WI

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

They are in Mn.it appears.There boards are 4 in.and  24 in. long. I bought 6 in. and 14 in.long with free shipping. It looks about the same either way,but the sawyer I spoke to said his was Older growth Hondurian cedar. All good.
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    There is a local facility that sells wood that has it at a reasonable price.                       http://www.acadianhardwoods.net/    
    Rose City, TX 409-769-8665, 866-783-0249 | Ponchatoula, LA 985-386-6079, 800-489-6079
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post it up when you add the boards in.  
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America