Home Cigar 101

Do Boveda's get moldy?

dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here in Arizona it is all about giving off moisture. I have a few humi's I maintain so I just stack Boveda's, as they dry out I re-hydrate and throw them back in the stack. I noticed some black on a couple which I assume is mold. Should I spread them out across the cigars, I have been trying to avoid that
A little dirt never hurt

Comments

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh that doesn't look kosher. Just my opinion...I'd pitch them. Not worth the risk. And yeah, try spreading the new ones around a bit. How long have you had them?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows, they come in and I throw them on a stack. I don't date the Boveda's, yea they are tossed.

Have no idea where that other similar thread came from.
    A little dirt never hurt
    Never seen anything like that happen. I guess if they're stacked, that moisture in dark crevices can create mold. I'd write Boveda, "Your 'no mess no worries' slogan on my pillows is covered in mold."
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    Maybe I just need to buy a brick every now and then and jettison the old ones
    A little dirt never hurt
    Possibly. Then again you are running awful close to a RH where mold can begin to form. May try switching to 65%. 
    Still getting over that mess on my pillows comment
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    Still getting over that mess on my pillows comment
     o:)   :D

I don't wanna know what's on yer pillas
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t tell if that’s mold or what. Better to be safe. I’ve never heard of Boveda molding. I know the humi pak pillows will though.