Home General Discussion

Wish me luck!

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
Too thrilled not to post some news I got today. A few months ago I had talked with the owner of my regular b&m about a pt job. Just got an email from him and it looks like I'll be doing a little interview this week. I feel like this would be an awesome opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge on cigar retail. Wish me luck!
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck

you get a discount.  :D
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, Mark

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck !

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s great news. Good luck!
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much luck sir
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Good luck. 
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome! You got this. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in the bag bro
    A little dirt never hurt
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!
    You may not want to mention you are a member of this nut house!  :#
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys and gals! Y'all get invited if I get it. We'll have an east coast herf location bwahaha. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck
    Just think, you will be working in a giant humidor
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Thanks guys and gals! Y'all get invited if I get it. We'll have an east coast herf location bwahaha. 
    The best of luck to you.......I'm up for a road trip or two.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck brosef and hope it works out for you, bet it’s be a great experience!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, man!  Always great to chase your dreams.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck brother. Live the dream 
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Go get it brother !
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Too thrilled not to post some news I got today. A few months ago I had talked with the owner of my regular b&m about a pt job. Just got an email from him and it looks like I'll be doing a little interview this week. I feel like this would be an awesome opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge on cigar retail. Wish me luck!
    How did it go?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    It went fairly well! He's a great guy and it looks like I'll be picking up some part-time hours later this spring :)
    Thanks for all the well wishes fellas. I'll be sure to keep yins posted as things develop!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a while since someone said yins around here.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man happy for you that’s wicked cool!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    peter4jc said:
    I've been in Dutch country too long  :D
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    peter4jc said:
    I've been in Dutch country too long  :D
    Your last name isn't Yoder or Stoltzfus is it?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yins
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In East Tennessee that turns into "You' uns"
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    ForMud said:

Your last name isn't Yoder or Stoltzfus is it?
    Lol no...I'm a Blackwell. As in the tobacco plantation Blackwell's from Virginny.