Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Donations for Amos

Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
I will add to the auction what ever you guys donate and mail Amos a check. If you want to donate no matter what the amount my paypal is usaf06@yahoo.com

I will put all those who donate in a randomizer and select a winner for a 5er.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d still like to do 300. I’ve got money coming but it probably won’t show till Monday. If no one outbids me. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing this, Nick.

Playing for @0patience, since he's low!
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Rhamlin said:
    I’d still like to do 300. I’ve got money coming but it probably won’t show till Monday. If no one outbids me. 
    Oops wrong post. What a newb. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Wow.  guys, I'm dumbstruck.  

Believe me, y'all don't have to do this.  I just love the camaraderie here.  I started on the forum simply because I know very few people who I could talk cigars with.  Folks are polite, but puzzled by my enthusiasm for the subject.  Here, everyone understands.  

Then, as time progressed, this has become a place to talk with friends I don't even know, but I do know, because we share a lot of inner thoughts and feelings etc. that we may not necessarily be able to talk about with people who really know us, and might judge us for.  I may not be putting this well.  I'm still, well, you know.  

(I know you know, @Rhamlin !)

Things are grinding slowly.  We had a beautiful ceremony yesterday.  A couple of my very best friends came a long way, guys I rode all over Europe with on motorcycles when we were stationed there.  That's helped.  A lot.  

It's still not over, the tasks and paperwork and things like that.  Not much sleep last night.  Probably because today's her birthday.

Sorry, that got me.  I'll check back in in a few days.  Thank you all!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace, brother.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna leave this open till I get payments from @Rhamlin and @cbuck for Jims auction. Once I have all funds I will send to Amos. Thank you everyone.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Thanks for doing this brother!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that post and those photos, my friend.  As someone who's experienced the same loss, I can say you'll get through this - you never get over it, but you do get through - and we'll be here for you.  Hopefully, you have a good circle of family and friends and maybe a church, that can do what we can't.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
     Hopefully, you have a good circle of family and friends and maybe a church, that can do what we can't.
    In fact I do.  I've been blessed in many ways.  It's kind of hard to feel it right now, but I know it's true.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Beautiful brother 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice thanks for sharing