Home Cigar 101

Need Advice

Good Morning,

I need the expert opinion of the cigar enthusiasts that haunt this forum. In my profession, there are many ladies and gentlemen that enjoy a quality cigar. I do not smoke, nor do i intend to start. However, my post here is to learn and receive advice. I want to give cigars as gifts when appropriate to my vendors and colleagues, most of which have "had it all", and i don't want to make a fool of myself giving them less than top shelf quality stuff.

When it comes to cheese, i am deeply ingrained in the culture, and can recommend cheeses you've more than likely never had that will blow your mind, and i pride myself on having that knowledge and passion, so i get it. I just don't even know where to begin here. 

I ask kindly and respectfully for recommendations for cigars that the experienced smoked who, again, has "had it all" that they may not have had, is top quality, and isn't necessarily readily available. Price is no object (within reason). Please lend me your knowledge.

Thanks,

Ian

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Davidoff

Padron 1964

My Father

Arturo Fuente Anejo, God of Fire, Opus, Don Carlos, etc...

Many makers put out a TAA series once a year, those would make nice gifts.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuente/Promethius Toast Across America charity box would make a very nice gift. 2 top shelf cigars for $50 in their own cedar coffin. Plus the proceeds go directly to charity so it' a win-win!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a lot of those “had it all types” they likely have had all of the major big name manufacturers from Altadis Cigar and General Cigar Co. stuff like Montecristo lines, Cohiba, Hoyo etc. So in that vein I’d act by getting them stuff from boutique companies like Black Label Trading Co, Warped, Caldwell, Viaje, Illusione, Tatuaje etc. besides those I know from the forum, most regular cigar smokers either haven’t really ever tried them or sometimes even heard of them in the first place. Most of not all of this stuff would be new to most smokers who only smoke or buy big brand name lines. Just my thoughts but hope that helps. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pardon 1964. Can’t go wrong.