Home Cigar 101

When will my fav sticks be back?

Chips2481Chips2481 Posts: 52
havent smoked in a few years.  I have some 2015 Monster tatuaje and a few comacho pre embargo that I have little faith in as my humidor dropped to 50 for a week unnoticed last year. Anyways I miss viaje zombies, old man and the c, a few others from that time 2012 I think. When do they release these, is there a certain time of year or anyway to be in the know?  Those zombie antidote look really cool.  I am guessing they sold within a day or two last year.  Wasn’t a fan of the super shots though. 

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still some Zombie Farmer Bills around 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a good time to replace the old favorites with some new ones.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chips2481 said:
    I have little faith in as my humidor dropped to 50 for a week unnoticed last year.
    That's actually a pretty insignificant issue -- if they were sitting in your desk drawer for a month or so and you live in the desert then I would be concerned...
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The zombies come around every year around mid may.  The antidotes can still be had if you know where to look, but will/should be around again this year.  Can't help ya on the old man though,"they gone".  As stated if it truly was only a week or two and you are currently maintaining the humidor, those cigars should be in fine shape.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s not long enough to really worry about. As long as temps didn’t go crazy. But 
  • Chips2481Chips2481 Posts: 52
    That is good news.  However put my humidity checker, I forget what they are called, in and it said 60. My humidifier was set to 70 so must have changed over the years.  Is 60 still good enough to preserve oils and what not?  Bumped it up to 68 actual humidity. Cigars still feel healthy, no cracks or anything. 
    Antidotes can still be had!?  Saw the farmer bills and figured not up to par with originals.  Are antidotes really good, like original zombie good?
    the old mans, is there a tatuaje basically the same only not twisted, like the one that came with the three twisted in the small box.   Those were so good I still pheen even after 6 years now. 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 would be pushing it. I think the oils would still dry but it would be pretty slow.  I’d go with 65. 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have an Old Man and the C, and the lancers that’s the single in there is an original El Trunfador (spelling?) which can still be found around. I don’t know if any online retailers that are selling them but I’m sure there are some, plus I’ve seen them in a few b&m’s where I live in CO. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."