Home Non Cigar Related

Serious Plumbing Help/Advice/Knowledge/Experience Needed

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Non Cigar Related
OK, I have done most of the hero stuff like change out a toilet and change out a sink food grinder thingy. But before I even remove the cover off this tub, is there someone who can tell me what I am looking at in the way of a complete removal.

Want to put in a washer and dryer and a really big sink.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be the same as any tub, hot and cold lines coming in and drain going out, plus an electrical circuit to power the pump.  
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well a tub really just a big sink anyway and you could use it as a washer......That's two out of three done.  :)

Peter's right. A hot and cold line and a drain.....Might have to get a little creative teeing the the drains into one. Don't forget shut off valves on the water lines, 
    Your going to need to run 220V for the dryer....I bet the pump in there now is 110V, but you might get lucky.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like cultured marble.  Probably used silicone or caulking to hold them down. Should be standard framing underneath all that. The demo should be cake.  
     Shut the water off before you start demo.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may find that the pump is detached and some PVC pipe running to it. Like already said, shut the water off first and it should be easy.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any pluming job is three trips to the hardware store.
    Yes, after you shut off the water.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    I vote for leaving the water on......It adds to the element of surprise and you make up new cuss words. 
    That's my favorite 3 Stooge episode ....Even had water coming out the stove. :D   
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK.
    I think I got it.
    No matter what, turn the water off before I do anything, anything at all.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Any pluming job is three trips to the hardware store.
    Yes, after you shut off the water.
    My, aren't we the optimist.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard experience.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget to turn off the electricity also 
    The pump is more than likely a 220 hardwire.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder th water doesn't work, the pipes are filled with wires

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    I vote for leaving the water on......It adds to the element of surprise and you make up new cuss words. 
    Nothing better than cutting out old subflooring to install new subflooring, to find out someone ran one of the water pipes directly under the subfloor.
    It's also amazing how quickly the saw blade will slice a nice groove in the pipe making it a nice nozzle to spray water 10' straight up in a nice geyser.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.