Home General Discussion

I found this box of cigars while cleaning. Just wondering if there is any value?

Answers

• Cigar-20088458Cigar-20088458 Posts: 4
    They have not been in a humidor, so wouldn’t be smokable. The box itself is in fair to good shape on the outside. 
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool box. Would make a great clock @90+_Irishman
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is cool box. Never seen them
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    There is always value, but the value is what someone is willing to pay.
    And with cigars that haven't been kept right, the value is novelty, not much more.

Would like to see the bottom of the box. Is there a stamp or branding stamp on the bottom?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    When I say value, I’m not necessarily asking about a monetary value as much as is there someone out there who would enjoy having something like this? Or should I just throw the cigars away and make a clock like waternerd suggested?
    there is a stamp on the bottom that says “25 zigarren”.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    WHAT? Somebody stopping in to brighten our day instead of selling us some worthless crap at an exorbitant price, kudos.

They appear to be of German origin just picking up on the labels.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I say value, I’m not necessarily asking about a monetary value as much as is there someone out there who would enjoy having something like this? Or should I just throw the cigars away and make a clock like waternerd suggested?
    there is a stamp on the bottom that says “25 zigarren”.
    Yes, someone will enjoy the intrinsic uniqueness of it. No do not the cigars out. It has more appeal the way it is.
    I was hoping it had a date stamp.
    It should have, but may be inside.
    Webmost made an offer, might want to consider it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping someone would point out these five little extras. I'm not familiar. They are not included in the "zigarren" count. They have stems. Are they cigarillos? 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cigar holders ^
    Cool! Thanks. Didn't occur to me. I guess because my holder looks like this,......
    Thanks for all of the replies. The five little extras are holders with plastic tips. I’m not sure if you can do PM’s from the thread, but if you (webmost) would like to get in touch, we can work something out. Maybe a couple of good smokes that you think would be a fair trade, works for me. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for all of the replies. The five little extras are holders with plastic tips. I’m not sure if you can do PM’s from the thread, but if you (webmost) would like to get in touch, we can work something out. Maybe a couple of good smokes that you think would be a fair trade, works for me. 

To get someone's attention, put their forum name like this:  @webmost .  That will trigger a "you have a message" or "you were mentioned by..." on his page when he logs on.
    Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar-20088458 I sent you a message.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Cigar-20088458 -- you still here? PM me.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So out of curiosity @webmost, was a trade ever made? 
    Trish said:
    So out of curiosity @webmost, was a trade ever made? 
    Cigar-20088458 ... thanks for the reminder ... I'll ping him again.

• edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    How did you find this box of cigars?  Whenever I'm cleaning all I find is dirty laundry and dishes.......
    The guy appears to have left our friendly conclave.
    No answers.

• TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    The guy appears to have left our friendly conclave.
    No answers.
    Their loss...
  • El_FumadorEl_Fumador Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very valuable to me. just as they are. I would Love to touch these with a cool 64% rh and baby them to show them off. want to buy/trade
    tobacco, roll with it.  Marc L
  • cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭
    Zigarren is German.  Neuhaus might be the name of the tobacco shop as in New House.  As to the holders, I know the Germans like filters in their pipes.  Yes, I know it is a year later but the forum listed the post as unanswered so I was just checking it out.  Don’t ask why I’m up and posting this early on a Saturday.