Home Non Cigar Related

Fashion

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Non Cigar Related
In another thread the subject of jorts came up (actually, it was a case of jort-shaming) and the whole idea of clothing choices of the average guy started running through my head. What's wrong with jorts? Everything apparently.  

Are you aware of what's in style and what's out of style?
Are you way too cool to care?
Are you way too cool to ever stop wearing your jorts?  

Other things that are supposed to be un-cool, or so I've heard.
  • Socks with sandals (My favorite house-shoes are socks and flip flops, but I don't wear that combo in public. 'Cause it really looks stupid.)
  • Pleated slacks/khakis went out in the 90s but maybe they're back.
  • Jorts. (Had 'em. Never liked 'em much. Too hot when it's hot.)
  • Cargo pants (Still love 'em.)
  • Dad Jeans (I still got 'em). 
  • I've heard tucking in your t shirt is un-cool.
  • And tucked-in polo shirts.
  • Square toe'd shoes are out. (But square toe'd cowboy boots are in, or are they out already?)
I'm sure there's more. 
What would you never wear?
What will you never stop wearing, no matter what?

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    T-shirts, Flannels shirts, jeans/carhartts, tennis shoes or logging boots.
    I never wear sandals.
    No idea what Dad jeans are. 
    I would never wear corduroy, silk, or pink or yellow.

Pretty much covers the extent of my wardrobe.
    I do have a nice suit, but it rarely ever gets worn.

As for shorts, if I wear them, I have cargo shorts, cause of the pockets.

So no, I'm not very fashionable, I guess.
    My philosophy on clothes is where what you like and is comfortable.
    Even in the ancient days of high school, I wore what was comfortable, not what was cool. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And how much do you guys let your lady pick out what you wear? I'm torn between OK baby and, Hey! I'm a grown ass man! I ain't changing my shirt. I don't tell you what to wear. 
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not been and likely never will be described as fashionable. But even I know you don't wear socks with sandals. I like my cargo pants and pearl snaps though. Square toe cowboy boots are in as far as I know. I'm not sure what dad jeans are either. 
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    And how much do you guys let your lady pick out what you wear? I'm torn between OK baby and, Hey! I'm a grown ass man! I ain't changing my shirt. I don't tell you what to wear. 
    I generally ask her advice to begin with. But I am especially attentive to her suggestions when I am her plus one.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Debbie trying to turn you into a model or something?  ;) 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear cargo pants/shorts constantly. The pockets are too convenient to give a damn about fashion.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stepped off the fashion bus about 35 years ago. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys have me in stitches over here... let's start with the obvious .. how the heck is a sock with something jamming a devider between your toes even comfortable?!??
    Next you better ask her advice,  if you don't want her walking around looking a damn fool you better not either. 
    Nothing wrong with cargo shorts as long as they are nice not some old ratty looking things. 
    Now I want to see pics of you all because the imagination is running wild  :D
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^Now look what you did Trish! @Trish Can’t undo that!
    I can do better... that's my EX!!!!
    HAHAHA 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least his socks match.....And his as s needs a shave.

Pocket Tee shirt, Jeans, boots.....About 95% of the clothes I own.

The other 5% are reg tees and hoodies........And that one camo g-string for special occasions........ 

ForMud said:
    At least his socks match.....And his as s needs a shave.

Pocket Tee shirt, Jeans, boots.....About 95% of the clothes I own.

The other 5% are reg tees and hoodies........And that one camo g-string for special occasions........ 

And by special occasion you mean only every other day right!

I do like that you took the time to evaluate his a$$ though.. like what you see but think it'll look better...?
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me when I don’t ask my wife for help.
    Me when I don’t ask my wife for help.
    You have to do something about that hair
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't worn shorts or sandals in over 20 years so no issues there, however Colleen hates that I wear pants and shoes on the beach so I no longer have to go to the beach.  For me that's a win.  I wear "old man shoes" when I'm not in my boots so styling there, and Colleen buys my work jeans so he'll im fo sho styling.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Usaf06 knows about  ......

#dadshoes
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My clothing consists of lots of t-shirts (dryfit or soft cotton) and shorts (Mostly stretchy drifit). I have several pairs of Columbia shorts that are perfect for the hot months here. Very light weight and cool. I have some jeans for the winter also. Cargo Shorts and sorts are too damn hot to be wearing.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like compared to these answers, I pay more attention than most. I'm single and I look like a not-as-fat-but-not-skinny Chris Farley, so I need a little help. I mostly wear jeans that fit properly without being skinny. They're usually stone washed and not that dad jeans color. I buy my clothes at thrift stores in rich neighborhoods, where the rich people donate them at. I wear unbuttoned button downs with a white v neck shirt most of the time. My shoes generally match my shirt in some manner. Then a minimalist watch that isn't blingy. At home it's a different story, sweats and slippers get put on as soon as I'm home for the day. I'm sure I'll eventually stop caring but like I said I can't go out looking like Drew Carry post lypo and hope for success in dirty or ugly clothes. I don't pay attention to trends or what's "in season" but I don't say F it altogether lol
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't tell @Patrickbrick you wear slippers.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Slippers are the best. Warm ones that go up to your ankle specifically. I'm not ashamed of it lol. Why shouldn't he know?
    Slippers are the best. Warm ones that go up to your ankle specifically. I'm not ashamed of it lol. Why shouldn't he know?
    Are you wearing my grandma's slippers...???!
    You tell me. 
    Hehehehe DELETE DELETE DELETE... YOU STILL HAVE TIME... Calvin if you like the single life keep on trucking.  If not recycle today  :D
    Trish said:
    Hehehehe DELETE DELETE DELETE... YOU STILL HAVE TIME... Calvin if you like the single life keep on trucking.  If not recycle today  :D
    If she's seen my slippers, we're way past the farting in the same room stage of dating. 
    Trish said:
    If she's seen my slippers, we're way past the farting in the same room stage of dating. 
    Classy
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Champion socks with old school Nike.. that's a whole different story lol
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    What will I never wear? Square-toed dress shoes to work
    What will I never stop wearing? boat shoes. Apparently they're out of style.. I'm 28 and not up-to-date with fashion. My girlfriend (from Greece) is all about fashion. She tries to get me to dress like a European. You can miss me with that gay sh*t... 

I almost always tuck in my shirt because I'm on the golf course a lot. Most of my clothes are polos, and some kind of pants/shorts that can be worn on the golf course (not jeans).