Home General Discussion

AM Smoke vs. PM Smoke

KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
When I have a cigar, I like to just chill for an hour or so with it. I always smoke in the PM (usually with a couple of beers). Well, lately it seems either the kids have something going on or my wife has made some sort of plans. (I only get time to smoke on the weekends. I'll have one or two.) So, I'm realizing most of the time I have available to myself (lately) is in the AM. Thanks to all you guys here and Cigar.Com my Humi is overflowing with (what I consider) really top shelf sticks.... I can't afford to miss a moment of "smoke time". I'm wondering how many of you smoke in the AM and if so, do you prefer certain smokes for a certain time of day? I've heard many of you talk about smoking with a cup of coffee. I will try this as one of my employees is Colombian and has brought me back a lot of Authentic Colombian coffee which I press in the mornings. Thoughts?

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I don't smoke in the AM, but I do enjoy coffee with my PM smoke. I work nights, so that IS my AM. Bold coffee goes really well.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    When it comes to having a cigar with coffee, I think a nice Connecticut wrapped cigar is the way to go, my favorite one if the Perdomo ESV '91 (seconds usually). As far as smoking in the AM, I'll usually choose something that is medium bodied at best, I can't take a strong cigar first thing.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the rule of thumb is as the day progresses your cigars get stronger. a milder cigar tends to be a better morning smoke especially if you are going to have more than one cigar in the day. dont wanna burn out those taste buds. if its your only cigar of the day, smoke what you want. make sure breakfast is first.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    the rule of thumb is as the day progresses your cigars get stronger. a milder cigar tends to be a better morning smoke especially if you are going to have more than one cigar in the day. dont wanna burn out those taste buds. if its your only cigar of the day, smoke what you want. make sure breakfast is first.
    Good point. I never even thought about eating first!!! Wait.... Cigars & Eggs????? (Sticks & Chicks)...?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I hit one 5 mornings out of 7. I really enjoy that smoke on the way to work with my fresh ground and brewed coffee.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    KCW:
    kuzi16:
    Good point. I never even thought about eating first!!! Wait.... Cigars & Eggs????? (Sticks & Chicks)...?
    Tony likey....lol
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'll usually do a mild connecticut, the ESV Joe mentioned, with coffee or a mild-medium strength maduro in the morning. 1990's are good for that.
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I really enjoy a morning smoke, usually my way into the office. As has been mentioned already, mild is best in the morning, at least imo. I'm also a coffee drinker so it's usually a mild with a cup of coffee, they seem to go very well together.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I usually start out the day with a full bodied cigar, A. Fernandez sig, Diesel, Padilla 1932, Camacho or the like....I smoke milds around lunch sometimes, but usually stick to fulls, same for evening. My "snack" smokes are usually medium - full..
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an afternoon or evening smoker. I can't remember having a cigar in the morning since I worked midnights. I guess then mornings were the afternoon...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I normally don't get the opportunity to smoke in the morning, but I have in the past more than once. Usually paired with coffee, and I have had a smoke with my breakfast (eggs, corned beef, toast...) before. All were/are enjoyable. Always a mild for me in the morning - some favorites would be: CAO Gold, RP 1990, and recently the J. Fuego Natural I had seemed like it would be an excellent morning smoke..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Oh well. So mutch for that plan. 5 degrees here this AM!!!! Damn!!!! The Coffee is good though.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    Oh well. So mutch for that plan. 5 degrees here this AM!!!! Damn!!!! The Coffee is good though.
    LoL, oh well...I usually like to smoke a RP Connecticut for my morning smoke. Goes great with coffee.

"Long ashes my friends."

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I smoke AM and PM if given the opportunity ...don't neccessarily go with the mild first I think its more like what you feel like smoking then. I've enjoyed some strong sticks with some strong coffey and have been none the worse for it ...I'm just sayin ...
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    shmoke and a pancake. I like the Gurka Park ave., Xicar HC, Nub Con. any smooth light cigar works for me in the morning.