Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A big ol leech

ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've lived in this area since the late 70s and this is the first time I've run across one of these....

It's rained almost 30 days in the last two months, so the ground is saturated. I've seen them a couple of fish I've caught ( Way smaller ) over the years. This one I found in some dirt around the foundation of the house.

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nasty!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a bunch of 'em on you, and they'll suck out all the sickness and evil spirits.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a different universe on a planet far far away I burned off hundreds of those leeches with a cigarette.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    We get them down here when it has been raining a lot.  Three days ago, I was letting the dog out for his morning business and INSIDE on the screen door was a five inch leech.  He was quickly dispatched.  If you get a bunch of them, just pour salt on them, they dry up and die.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a different universe on a planet far far away I burned off hundreds of those leeches with a cigarette.
    You were the first person I thought of when I saw this....I just hope they weren't as big as this one.