Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Recent Trips

Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
While being mostly absent from here the last few weeks, the wife and I have been traveling around and I have enjoyed cigars in different places.  Last month we spent a wonderful week in Amsterdam.
We did at least some of the tourist stuff, but also just relaxed and talked to people in the local communities.  One of our members gave me a lead on checking out cigars, which turned into finding a great cigar store, but learning that they have the exact same things that we do here in Miami.  It seems that while a large percentage of people in the Netherlands smoke, it is mostly cigarettes and that other stuff. Cigars and pipes are not common. 
Over our own Labor Day weekend we took our annual road trip. Stop offs were in Atlanta, Chattanooga, Pulaski, Ft Walton Beach and Daytona. 
At our get together in Pulaski, Tn for the Guns and Ammo South East Shoot in addition to the food that the wife brings, the last couple years I have been bringing cigars for those that wish to indulge.
A few of us are enthusiasts, while others have one a few times a year.  Cigars were enjoyed after Friday night dinner and with adult beverages around the camp fire Saturday evening after all the firearms were put away. I would not be surprised if a new cigar smoker or two joins us on this forum as since returning home I have received messages asking about the cigars smoked, where to procure more, and where to learn more about them. Of course i pointed them in this directions as So many different cigars can be purchased and sampled for a fair price and the folks on here share more knowledge than can be found elsewhere.
Now I need to get reading and see what I have missed
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like some real fun shootin' and real fun around the campfire. ( you got pics?) And what you said about the forum and the shared knowlege sure does strike a chord with me. I'm sure I've expressed this before but it bears repeating. My cigar knowlege gained here among the forum members is accelerated and extensive compared to what I could have learned spending the same amount of time hanging out in my local B&M. When your friends get here, point 'em out. 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How’d you like the redlight district?
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    LOL Funny you should ask.  I guess the answer would be that business must not be so good.  While there were plenty of gals in the windows, there was entire rows of them empty with for rent signs in the window.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    Rhamlin said:
    LOL Funny you should ask.  I guess the answer would be that business must not be so good.  While there were plenty of gals in the windows, there was entire rows of them empty with for rent signs in the window.
    Hmmm....well, if they ever bring all those G.I.s back from the Middle East to the European theater of operations, I'm betting business picks right back up again. ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain