Home Cigar 101

Uncertain of what to select. New to cigar.com

Gentleman,
     I have only smoked a couple cigars in my time, other than cheap gas station cigarillos etc. I like a good creamy undertone. I was fortunate enough that a friend of mine, who no longer is around, told me a few things about smokes. He gave me a couple Drew Estate cigars and I liked them ok. What would you fellows suggest for a newbie that likes a sweet, creamy flavor that won’t break the bank?
Much Obliged for your time and experiste.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Cigar-20102682Cigar-20102682 Posts: 2
    Thank you sir. I will look it up now. Thank you for the quick reply and advice. Much appreciated 
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVO Classic is another great smoke you can try.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can fire off suggestions all day, but those suggestions are our preferences. Your preferences may be completely different.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call Andy and tell what you want and your price range and he will fix you up.  Ask him if he can suggest a sampler for you so you can try some different ones.  Happy hunting!
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really to broad a question.....Kinda like asking what food will you like. Start by buying samplers so you can find the general tastes you like and work from there.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samplers are the way to go when you are just starting out. As you spend more time with cigars your preferences will change. Also at least for me it takes three cigars for me to determine whether or not I really like a certain smoke. 
    Welcome to the forum.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What @First_Warrior said......it is a great way to find out. And there are many samplers which will allow you to narrow it down with out having to buy them all. From what you are saying try a Connecticut sampler first.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samplers will open up your options, I find my tastes have changed some over the past 2 years. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!