Home Cigar 101

Trying to sell my handmade reclaimedwood cigar trays...

any suggestions on potential avenues to take to get these handmade gems  in the market?

Answers

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, hi, there. Just a FYI, common courtesy sorta requires that you first introduce yourself, tell us a bit about your history in the cigar world, etc before you try selling something to us. 

Secondly, you’ll need to educate yourself on how to post photos to these threads. This forum has some real odd ways of doing things and a lot of us don’t do social media like Fakebook and those others so your hashtag thingies netted you no photos that I can detect. 

Hope you stick around and get acquainted. I’d like to see your wares. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handmade what?
    What's a reclaimedwood cigar tray?
    Is it a tray for holding cigars or an ashtray, cause the tags with the pound signs say ashtray. 
    So now, not only do I still not understand how the pound sign is a hashtag, but I also don't understand what you are trying to say.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Thank you guys for the feedback and please excuse my lack of knowledge as I am very new to these forums. Much gratitude. Here is an example of my handmade ashtrays 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAaagghh!! <forehead smack>. 

Cigar trays!  For some reason, when I read that title, I envisioned trays that hold Cigars in humidors. I was curious because I wondered about a source of reclaimed wood that would/could provide a source for Spanish Cedar which I think is the accepted standard for humidors. Sometimes I’m such a dumbkopf...  B)
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang son you have some great woodworking skills. Very nice!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Thanks @WaterNerd
  • @jlmarta you're correct Spanish cedar is the correct type of wood for humidor. About reclaimed wood....
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    jlmarta said:
    WAaagghh!! <forehead smack>. 

Cigar trays!  For some reason, when I read that title, I envisioned trays that hold Cigars in humidors. I was curious because I wondered about a source of reclaimed wood that would/could provide a source for Spanish Cedar which I think is the accepted standard for humidors. Sometimes I’m such a dumbkopf...  B)
    Marty, You ain't no dumbkopf. I think we were all wondering the same thing,... how could re-claimed wood ever make an acceptable cigar tray? Or How is he getting used spanish cedar?  

We all know what a cigar tray is and we all know it's an entirely different thing from a cigar ashtray. 

But, I gotta say,  I like your ashtrays @Salvageredesigns. Good looking work and I like the designs. I am totally stealing your cigar rest idea on one of my future DIY ashtray projects. (Don't worry, I don't ever actually get around to any of my DIY projects.)

But could do us all a favor, don't call them cigar trays. It's just confusing. 
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be going out on a limb here, cut it off if you will, but thinking our new friend @Salvageredesigns might originally be from a country that descibes anything used to carry something a tray.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are pretty nice. I’d suggest joining some Cigar groups on FB. Then see if they will let you sell.