Home Non Cigar Related

Air Evac

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Non Cigar Related
I don't know how many of you are familiar with Air Evac, but they're the emergency helicopter service around here.  They have a big drive yearly, asking you to become a member, with the promise that if you're ever air-lifted as a member, they'll accept whatever the insurance pays, and you'll never get a bill.

IT'S A BIG FAT LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We, my wife and I, have been "Members" for years.  After receiving the >$42,000.00 from the insurance, they sent me a bill for another $4,335.50!  So, I called them, gave them the check number and date from when my wife, God rest her soul, paid them last year.  They never called me back, this multi-million dollar corporation can't seem to afford anyone to answer the phone*, so I tossed the bill.

Got another bill today.

I'm not a happy camper!

So, I don't know how this will work out, someone's going to have to turn down the volume if they ever listen to the message I left, but as of this moment my recommendation is skip the Air Evac membership.  Just money wasted on a bunch of  liars.

*(Probably needed to buy the CEO another solid gold toilet seat.)
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would almost bet that at Air Evac they are all CEOs.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should add that I'm still trying to resolve this.  Hopefully they will step up and make it right.  I'll keep y'all apprised of the situation.  I'm just mad right now.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Blast it all over social media.  That gets the best results these days, if they have accounts, that is.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My in laws are members and have been for some time but have never used it. I think my wife’s and uncle are members and might have used it. I’ll ask and see what happened with them if they did. 
    Well, I'm hoping it gets straightened out.  I don't know if there was some paperwork glitch or what, but, for me it's simple.  My wife's name was on the check, she wrote the check, they cashed the check, we were "the household", I'm not paying.  They can correct whatever went wrong on their end, or ultimately we can present the case to a judge.  

• dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was never a member of Air Evac, but I am VERY familiar with their billing practices. Two years ago I received some severe head and body injuries from a couple of neighborhood drunks, and had to be flown to a trauma center to spend weeks in a coma (with a 15% chance of survival).

Before I got out of the hospital I started receiving bills from them...including an $11,000+ fuel charge for a 15 minute trip! The total came to just over $49,000. My Medicare insurance company came to the rescue and basically told Air Evac that they were nuts. After about 6 months of back and forth between them, my bill dropped to around $900...which they wrote off in the end. 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the cost on this kinda plan? 
    When I go playing around in the mountains in my truck, I'm some times miles from any paved road. In fact a lot of the places I go do have emergency helicopter clearings on their maps. I've rolled the truck a couple of times with little to no injury, but I could see bad things that might happen needing to be flown out.  
    edited August 2018
    ForMud said:
    What's the cost on this kinda plan? 
    When I go playing around in the mountains in my truck, I'm some times miles from any paved road. In fact a lot of the places I go do have emergency helicopter clearings on their maps. I've rolled the truck a couple of times with little to no injury, but I could see bad things that might happen needing to be flown out.  
    Currently membership is $75/yearly, $189 gets you 3 years coverage.  Be sure everyone in your household is listed, they kinda hide that list on the back of the page.  That's not a bad price, considering.  I've known many people who were glad they paid it.  I was really surprised that all this happened in my case, and glad they finally got it straightened out, after my 3rd call.  Why they couldn't have responded to my first two polite and sane-sounding calls, I don't know.  The 3rd LOUD & PROFANE call seemed to do the trick, though.