Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Really stupid teens and a multiple car pileup.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday a car full of teens tried to beat the traffic (drunk, drugs, cell phones, just stupid?) and go across the highway without stopping. The side road they were on has always scared me, people come out without warning and without a care about oncoming traffic.
It finally happened. Multiple pileup. At least on death, 2, maybe more, in the hospital. 2 copters and traffic backed up forever.
The last vehicle (Ford F350) carried 5 members of my family. The F350s construction probably saved their lives. As it was there were lots of injuries. 
The elderly man in the car in front of the F350 had a collapsed lung.
The car that was the cause was so tangled the jaws of life were brought into use. One of the occupants a 15 year old girl dead, the driver in critical care.
My wife will be busy this morning getting the latest info and checking on her family.
Ask me about how old they should be to get a driver's license.

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Geez. I checked the internet for local coverage and it seems there was a rash of major accidents yesterday. Could not find anything about the one my family was involved in.

My stepdaughter Amanda is one of the good nurses locally and her boyfriend Scott, the driver of the F350 and a local gendarme were able, after a bit of shaking it off, to give some immediate assistance. Air bags and seat belts in a F350, great combination.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were talking about this in church this morning.  I think the 15 year old is a family member of one of our members.  Tragic.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain