Home General Discussion

Boss called me into his office....

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
Friday afternoon at 4:45 the boss called me into his office and handed me a sheet of paper. He had just postponed my trip to Thunder Bay so I had no idea this was about to happen

I got promoted! We are supposed to be up for promotion after 3 years but I worked 1yr 9 months full time and someone decided to promote me. As this is the first promotion I have ever had I need your help choosing a promo cigar.

I know I really like hemmingways, R&J viejo, Camacho PE, decade etc. Can you guys recommend a great stick along those lines? Also, my wife got promoted as well yesterday so she is going to need one too.

Comments

• kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the promo Goldy ............... This calls for an opus x or a god of fire
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Yep congrats...I say go for an opus. That's what I celebrated with when my daughter was born this summer. It was every bit as good as I thought it would be. Go ahead, you earned it.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Congrats on the promotion! over a year early, thats insane!

I would say a Padron '64. I love it in bothe wrappers, but I am a maduro **** so that one is my favorite. They are a phenominal smoke in either wrapper though.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is great news. Your wife too! I would go with a Stradivarius or God of Fire.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    congrats !
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    For the wife...A Macanudo Vintage 2000 No. 8 Tubo. Lots of taste and not overly strong. And for you young man a Nice God of Fire...you select the size...you can't go wrong!!! BTW congrats to both of you!!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I would also say GoF or try something new like a Padron Family Blend 45 Anniversary.

"Long ashes my friends."

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, and Congratulations!!

"Long ashes my friends."

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    WOW, that's great news for the both of you! Congrats.

If I were to look in my humidor for a worthy smoke, I'd suggest a Rocky Patel Old World Reserve (since you like the Decade) and if you are a Gurkha fan, you may enjoy the Beauty or the Titan. They are both very good smokes. GOF and the other suggestions from everyone else are great smokes. Can't go wrong with any of them. Let us know what you choose.

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    kingjk729:
    Congrats on the promo Goldy ............... This calls for an opus x or a god of fire
    Congrats to Goldy and Mrs. Goldy. I like the way that king is thinking here but I think the call was for 2 sticks. Easy fix get an Opus X and a God of Fire. Then you can share them both with the wife....if you don't mind sharing that is. It's a win win situation!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Hey congratulations Goldy. You must be doing things right around the office, your wife too.

Has to be the G.O.F. for yourself and for the lady think about a nice Avo Domaine #30.

Of course you should both spring for a nice dinner for the other as well. LOL
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    ejenne87:
    Congrats on the promotion! over a year early, thats insane!

I would say a Padron '64. I love it in bothe wrappers, but I am a maduro **** so that one is my favorite. They are a phenominal smoke in either wrapper though.
    I second the Padron 64!
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Hey congratulations Goldy. You must be doing things right around the office, your wife too.

Has to be the G.O.F. for yourself and for the lady think about a nice Avo Domaine #30.

We had dinner at a bar that was hosting all you can eat crab legs for 14.95 and I think I alone ate about 4 lbs.

Squirrle sent me a very nice anjeo and an opus so those will probably get torched.
    Goldy:
    laker1963:

We had dinner at a bar that was hosting all you can eat crab legs for 14.95 and I think I alone ate about 4 lbs.

Squirrle sent me a very nice anjeo and an opus so those will probably get torched.

Well that "bushy tailed little ass kicker" eh? Good for you Goldy, and good on you Pheebs.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Anejo Shark for sure ...my all-time favorite...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:

god of fire is good, but you deserve an HMR!
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:

god of fire is good, but you deserve an HMR!

Well did you send him one of those???
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Congrats on your acheivement. I find that all cigars taste better when smoked for the right reason, ENJOY!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Congrats Goldy! Anejo, GoF, Opus X, or a Padron 1964 45th Family Reserve. One of those would be my choice. I own 3 of the 4, haven't smoked either one, lol. Some day...
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Hey Goldy, good news. Congrats. What did you do ..find gold up in northern Minnesota? C'mon, you can tell a BOTL!
    MarkH:
    Hey Goldy, good news. Congrats. What did you do ..find gold up in northern Minnesota? C'mon, you can tell a BOTL!

I plead the 5th
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    wow dude!!! Congrats!
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Congrats! A promotion is nice but not having to go to Thunder Bay is a gift from God :)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, I would go for an Ashton VSG personally.
    TheShaun:
    Congrats! A promotion is nice but not having to go to Thunder Bay is a gift from God :)

Well that gift only lasted 2 days as I am writing this in my hotel room in TB. I did bring a few sticks with me across the boarder.
    alienmisprint:
    Congrats, I would go for an Ashton VSG personally.

Ohhh, that would be a good one too. I think I have one of those sitting around here somewhere.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Dude that is AWESOME! Nice when hard work pays off!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    Congrats Goldy! Anejo, GoF, Opus X, or a Padron 1964 45th Family Reserve. One of those would be my choice. I own 3 of the 4, haven't smoked either one, lol. Some day...
    After having a mini herf with Tat & another one of our friends last night we smoked 3 out of the 4 listed above! Phil had the Anejo, and I smoked a Opus X Super Belicoso & Padron 1964 Maduro! What was the occation? Life, time off work, great friends, great drinks & enjoying a great couple of sticks together! I really enjoyed my 2 which instantly went into my top 5. Good choice on your smokes Goldy you earned them!