Home Non Cigar Related

Sunday morning at work.....

7th day in a row... just here to catch up on paperwork. We are closed, so the phones cant bug me. I should be able to get work done? Oh yea... ccom. LOL. Anyone else stuck at work this morning?

Comments

• bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Don't feel too bad... I work every weekend and a lion's share of the holidays. On the positive side sounds like you will get to be productive and not deal with phone's or guests/customers.

The only positive side for me is that on my days off everyone else is at work making doing necessary errands a lot easier. Good luck!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I feel for you guys. I am on call 24/7 so I get called out damn neer anytime all the time. IN the summer during wild fire season it gets pretty bad. I have worked 4 weeks strait before...most of wich was away from home. JUst gets old after a while. Dont get me wrong and think I'm complaining, I am very thankfull to have a job.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Yeah do it all the time... would rather not.
    I am grateful to have a job, but there is a difference between making a living and making a life.
    And with the extreme pay cuts I got in addition to the long hours I feel it's no longer worth it...
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I have 7 Sundays a week, and I don't work any of them.

I thought that would sound cool, but it's not. Fortunately, when I was working, I never had to work Sundays for nearly 14 years. Guess I was spoiled.

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    NYHCx516x:
    7th day in a row... just here to catch up on paperwork. We are closed, so the phones cant bug me. I should be able to get work done? Oh yea... ccom. LOL. Anyone else stuck at work this morning?

I was halfway to work today when my supervisor called and said we would be closed ...turned around and headed to the hospital to be with my wife visiting her dad and spent the biggest part of the day there. Tough times , he has cancer and has taken a turn for the worse ...doesn't look good right now.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    NYHCx516x:

I was halfway to work today when my supervisor called and said we would be closed ...turned around and headed to the hospital to be with my wife visiting her dad and spent the biggest part of the day there. Tough times , he has cancer and has taken a turn for the worse ...doesn't look good right now.
    Sorry to hear, Geno. Rough times.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Today was supposed to be a wonderful day off, filled with church, golf, corned beef, beer, and cigars.. Until one employee calls in needing her shift covered, and the other employee working today is dead on her feet sick and has to go home. On top of that, everything is a crapshoot because our POS "system" is hardly a system at all, and sucks to use; 3 out of the 4 staff at one location are maybe 60% trained, and hardly comfortable with it; my one experienced employee is resentful that she didn't get my job, despite the fact that she claims not to be. Ending this rant, I WILL love my job again when myself and my employees are fully trained on operations...until then, I feel like swallowing a pistol.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I work 6 days a week normally and then when I go to other projects I work 21 days and get 5 off. The plus side is that I get a load of comp days.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I went in for a 4 hour shot of OT .... damn we are still getting calls from all the snow that hit VA, WV ... and all other the other states that got blasted with sno
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Every Sunday at 8am or 6am for me... *** RETAIL!!!!! But it's cool... My MONDAYS are phenomenal!!!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Every Sunday at 8am or 6am for me... *** RETAIL!!!!! But it's cool... My MONDAYS are phenomenal!!!
    I feel for you Lassie, my wife worked retail for years (I worked in retail also, but only in loss prevention) so I know how you feel. Long hours, ass-hole customers, working holidays, soar feet...etc.

"Long ashes my friends."

• SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    My work week is Friday through Monday and on call Tuesday through Thursday. I also work 12 to 18 hours a day. I have no weekend social life to speak of.