Home Ratings & Reviews

Carlos Torano - Hogshead (Anybody had it?)

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I first noticed this cigar today on the daily deal. I've enjoyed Torano blends and, I have enjoyed the Arapiraca Brazil wrapper each time I've tried it. Is this cigar a Ccom/CI exclusive? Is it new? Anybody know anything about this cigar?

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    One God, One Truth
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the small amount of googling I did, it seems to be new. I'm thinkin' about givin' it a try.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    It looks interesting. Please let us know how it is , if you decide to pull the trigger.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a single from the devil site. Just got it in, so will let it rest a week or so. Sounded interesting to me as well. Will let you know
  • Soldier45Soldier45 Posts: 2
    Excellent smoke. Great construction and flavor profile. Draws well and stays lit. Pairs well with spirits. 
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to the forum @Soldier45 . I never got around to trying this cigar. I guess there's too many cigars out there for me to try 'em all. If you're interested in participating more in the forum, head on over to the newbie welcoming thread and introduce yourself.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/3027/the-newbie-welcoming-thread#latest

Tell us a little about yourself. You may not be a cigar newbie but you're new to us. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's a rep for Toraño.  
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried one of these a couple years ago and didn't care for it
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• NineToesNineToes Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    I recently purchased a 20 pack. Been through two of them. Actually finishing the second right now. I am new and still getting the tastes down but I taste pepper and leather. Kind of earthy. I like it for the price. Once again excuse my inexperienced review but if you like a bolder stick I think it's worth a try. 

NineToes
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you can't taste slightly salted cucumbers or unicorn sweat in a cigar, then what good are you?  :#

Good synopsis!  Thanks for posting....
    Don't look ↑
    Well if you can't taste slightly salted cucumbers or unicorn sweat in a cigar, then what good are you?  :#

I will try harder Frank!🤣
    NineToes said:

Please don't try harder. If you start posting reviews, we will turn on you. I'm joking and not joking both at the same time. 
    I just tried a La Gloria Class N and it was horrible. This is not a review I promise. 
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just turned on you.  LGC N is a fabulous cigar
    Don't look ↑
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....Easy VF, it aint Fabulous.  A good Cigar.
    I've just turned on you.  LGC N is a fabulous cigar
    Haha. I will try the other one I have after I work my way through this box of Black and Milds. 
    Bob_Luken said:
    NineToes said:

Please don't try harder. If you start posting reviews, we will turn on you. I'm joking and not joking both at the same time. 
    Hey Bob, ever get around to trying that Hogshead? 
    No I haven't. Can't remember every cigar I ever tried but best recollection is I never got around to this one. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this cigar. 
    Price point is usually fairly inexpensive and is usually fairly good.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience said:
    I like this cigar. 
    Price point is usually fairly inexpensive and is usually fairly good.

I agree with you. I bought a 20 pack. Come across two that weren't so good but the rest were pretty tasty.