Home General Discussion

Zippo Fuel

Does anyone know if they make a Zippo fuel that is ok to use to light a cigar? I know the stuff they have now says low odor but I still wont use it. I just have a few old Zippo's sitting around from my cigarette days and dont want to pitch them.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Order a Z Plus. Its a butane torch insert that goes into your Zippo. I think there are some other brands out there as well.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Zippo makes butane lighters, butane, and butane inserts for traditional lighters; these can be installed by most credible smoke shops selling Zippos. It's really not the best setup, but I've thought about it myself as I have a few Zippos I'm attached to. Other than that, I don't recommend using conventional Zippo fuel..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Order a Z Plus. Its a butane torch insert that goes into your Zippo. I think there are some other brands out there as well.
    The Z plus should work perfectly for what you want, you get to keep your zippos and lose the smell.

"Long ashes my friends."

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Krieg:
    madurofan:
    The Z plus should work perfectly for what you want, you get to keep your zippos and lose the smell.
    WOW i guess i didn't know that Zippos had inserts... I have a Killer old Zippo that a friend left me from Viet Nam...... hmmmmm
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    In all honesty I have enuf lighters for awhile and they all work fine. However, i did take a look at these inserts because I received a regular Zippo w/ the Harley Davidson logo for Christmas--really nice. Initially I thought this insert may be a good idea...for me...not. I wonder since you have to hold the knob to keep the flame lit there has to be a heat factor involved and that may be a problem. And in another since adding the Z Plus insert sort of kills the "tradition" of the Zippo brand...