Home Cigar 101

New Cigars in humidor

JohnWJJohnWJ Posts: 11
HI there all

Just a question When you get new cigars that are in plastic wrappers do you take them out before you put them in the humidor??
A very new cigar smoker 

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • JohnWJJohnWJ Posts: 11
    jlmarta said:
    Now, cellophane wrappers are a different story. If left on, they’ll add a layer of protection to your sticks so they don’t get messed up by handling, etc. 
    sorry that’s what I meant cellophane 
    A very new cigar smoker 
    Thanks everyone for your help 
    A very new cigar smoker 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum @JohnWJ. Most of these guys can be pretty helpful.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JohnWJ said:
    jlmarta said:
    Now, cellophane wrappers are a different story. If left on, they’ll add a layer of protection to your sticks so they don’t get messed up by handling, etc. 
    sorry that’s what I meant cellophane 
    And, the cellophane is permeable so you don’t have to worry about your sticks drying out. The RH can still get to them. 

As as far as I know, Cubans come with no cello. I don’t know why that is. Any of you other guys able to help me out on that point?
    Thank you #jlmarta
    A very new cigar smoker 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re very welcome. And welcome to this forum, as well. 

There are a lot of great folks on this forum with a lot of info to share. Remember, the only dumb question is the one you didn’t ask...  B)
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!

Agree with the fellas above 100%. On that note (and I'll try not to hijack the thread), what say you all about shrink wrap on cigar boxes? I mean, they must sit in the factories/warehouses like that so no problem, right? What about tins? Got a few FFOX 3pk rare estate double Robustos and they're still shrink wrapped in the tins. Will they be okay like that long term?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some say that the shrink wrap hastens the aging of cigars, probably because the tobacco gas has nowhere to go.  They also say that the shrink wrap is like the cello on cigars in that it can breathe somewhat so it doesn't hurt to leave it on.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many hands involved in the supply chain, best take a look.
    A little dirt never hurt