Home Cigar 101

Is This Right?

I'm new to cigars  and new to smoking.

The other day I walked into a smoke shop for the first time just to have a look around. I walked into the humidor, walked up to the shelves of cigars and noticed that all the cigars were wrapped in plastic wrap, like the plastic wrap that Twinkies come in. Is this right? This doesn't sound right to me..What do you think? Thanks for the 

Answers

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup! Cellophane. It breathes more than plastic and is common. Helps protect the cigar wrapper (leaf). 

Unlike Twinkies, they still need humidity control, even in cello.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • How am I supposed to buy them this way? If I can't smell them, or get a good feel?
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How am I supposed to buy them this way? If I can't smell them, or get a good feel?
    You can smell the foot, just carefully open it, smell, put back in cello. Most B&Ms are fine with that especially if your buying. Now I wouldn’t fully take the cigar out and hold it...but that’s up to you.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you say how can I get a good feel?  :)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • I didn't know I could take it out of the cello. Hopefully the shop I'm buying them from approves of this. I might be taking a couple of handfuls out of the cellos. 
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know I could take it out of the cello. Hopefully the shop I'm buying them from approves of this. I might be taking a couple of handfuls out of the cellos. 
    Taking a couple handfulls out😳
    Ya I’d talk to the owner before doing that LOL
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also remember there are plenty of turds that smell and feel decent. In humidors and metaphorically speaking not in real life though.
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Thanks all for your opions. I appreciate it. 
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for your opions. I appreciate it. 
    And don't be THAT guy....**Coughing, sneezing into hands, then handling naked cigars and drawing them back and forth across your dripping nose trying to inhale it and get a good smell**

Welcome to the forum   ;)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know I could take it out of the cello. Hopefully the shop I'm buying them from approves of this. I might be taking a couple of handfuls out of the cellos. 
    You can’t take them out. By you can slide them out enough to smell the foot. Just don’t actually touch them with your nose. And if you handle a naked cigar with your bare fingers then buy it unless you’ve just washed your hands first. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    DZR is that you?  You trying to bring back the TROLL OF THE WEEK TREAD?  There is no **** way that this was serious, and if it was may god have mercy on your soul.dean winters jackpot GIF by Mayhem

Everybody who made an attempt to actually help this new guy should take a class from Patrick in skepticism. Patrick has a PHD in that ****!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    DZR is that you?  You trying to bring back the TROLL OF THE WEEK TREAD?  There is no **** way that this was serious, and if it was may god have mercy on your soul.dean winters jackpot GIF by Mayhem

Everybody who made an attempt to actually help this new guy should take a class from Patrick in skepticism. Patrick has a PHD in that ****!
    D*ckturd
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google
    Plenty of cigar etiquette to be found. I believe in not removing it from the cello unless you have already paid for it. 
     :D also, don’t put the cigar in your mouth then ask to use someone’s cutter.