Home Cigar 101

seasoning Tower Olde English Display humidor 3500 cigar count

i recently purchased a 3500 count Old English Tower humidor with a cigar oasis Magna 2 humidifer and after a week the highest my humidity has been is 68% but it dosent stay there it keeps going up and down between 68 and 64 RH but it seems to hover mostly around 64 and 66 i sealed the plug in the back so nothing escapes, i put a bowl of distilled water on the shelf and it still wont reach 70RH my next move is 10 of the 320 gram 84% Bovida seasoning packs which i havent done yet i have no cigars in it at the moment WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answers

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run the Oasis at 75+ for a couple of weeks.  Calibrate hygrometer and add cigars.  you are over thinking this.  A happy humidor is a full humidor. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention, you should use boveda packs, KL, or beads throughout the unit as well for further the stabilization, especially at the top.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • OscuroLoverOscuroLover Posts: 2
    use them with the humidifier?
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it time. That thing is large and dry out of the box. I let my cabinet run for 2 weeks before I started. The good thing is the active hunidification with the Oasis. You can add sticks and be ok. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!