Home Ratings & Reviews

5 vegas sampler

i have never smoked a 5 vegas and just ordered the sampler on the front page with the miami , a , gold, strength II, and classic i think

are these pretty good sticks?

Comments

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Depending on your taste, you could live the rest of your life with just these sticks because the represent a huge variety of strengths and wrappers. I love the whole 5 Vegas line and have most of them in stock at all times. You won't find too many guys here that have a bad thing to say about these.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum my friend.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I really like the5 Vegas line. I find the Gold is a good breakfast smoke and the Classic is a great anytime smoke but my fav of the line at the moment is the Series A. I havent had a chance to try a Triple A yet but I am looking forward to picking up a few of them.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I don't smoke all of the 5 Vegas lines but I have smoked some that I enjoy. the A and AAA series are very good. Also find the Cask Strength very enjoyable.
  • thanks. glad to be here.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I was just having a conversation with my friend while smoking a Cask Strnegth II last night about how excellent all of the 5 Vegas line is. Our end to the conversation was "Man, if the rest of the world ever finds out about this, they are going to skyrocket in price!"

The Relic, Cask Strength II, and Miami are my favorites. The Classic, Gold and Series A, and the Limitada 09 are also excellent, but I'd have to say the others are just slightly better. Oh, and you can get all of them for under $5 a stick if you catch them on a good sale or call in your order and beg Jeff from cigar.com to hook you up. :)
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I've got the 5 Vegas Legacy Humidor & 50 Cigar Combo on order...."is it here yet?" "is it here yet?" lol..
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    My take is the relic and cask are the best of the bunch. I like the classic but I've had several and after smoking several of cigar.com's Red label I have to give the red label the win. The vegas gold is pretty good and probably the cheapest creamy smoke I can think of unless you get a gurkha turk deal or something. The limitada 08's are also a good cigar, though I think the 09 and 07 worthy to mention but I don't think they hold up to the 08.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    My take is the relic and cask are the best of the bunch. I like the classic but I've had several and after smoking several of cigar.com's Red label I have to give the red label the win. The vegas gold is pretty good and probably the cheapest creamy smoke I can think of unless you get a gurkha turk deal or something. The limitada 08's are also a good cigar, though I think the 09 and 07 worthy to mention but I don't think they hold up to the 08.
    Opinions are like a$$holes, but I don't think the Red label compares to the 5V Classic, IMO the Classic is better all around. As far as the limitadas go, I think the '06 wins hands down, but the '08 is certainly good.
    I just picked up an '08 in a trade, haven't smoked one yet. The '09 was good, but not anywhere are fabulous as the Relic of the Cask Strength II.
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Opinions are like a$$holes, but I don't think the Red label compares to the 5V Classic, IMO the Classic is better all around. As far as the limitadas go, I think the '06 wins hands down, but the '08 is certainly good.
    eh ....
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Cask Strength II. Dying to try a Relic. I have some of the A's but haven't had one yet. For the price you can't do better than 5 Vegas.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    For my money, the Classic is right on with what I want in an everyday cigar. It has enough body and flavor to be an anytime cigar and is not at all cost prohibitive. Sure there are cigars I like more, but for $3 and change?, not too many I can think of that fit that bill. Overall they have a really solid lineup, I'm not crazy about the Relic only because I've had so many issues with it, only one of the 4 I've had burned well and had a good draw, aside from that I really like the flavor profile. And the Cask II is a solid and tasty cigar, no two ways about it.
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I really want to like the relic, but I've never had a single one that had any kind of a draw. It was like trying to suck a super ball through a straw...I've had 5 of them and I have 2 more that have over a year of rest. The ones I've smoked were rested well too. I've tried dry boxing them, even keeping them out for awhile before I smoke. Nothing opens them up for me...
    nsezell:
    I really want to like the relic, but I've never had a single one that had any kind of a draw. It was like trying to suck a super ball through a straw...I've had 5 of them and I have 2 more that have over a year of rest. The ones I've smoked were rested well too. I've tried dry boxing them, even keeping them out for awhile before I smoke. Nothing opens them up for me...
    Did you cut the cap far enough in? Just asking because I've noticed that too with a lot of cigars in this shape. But cutting in a bit more fixes it most of the time.
    phobicsquirrel:
    nsezell:
    Did you cut the cap far enough in? Just asking because I've noticed that too with a lot of cigars in this shape. But cutting in a bit more fixes it most of the time.
    Yep. Had to cut my Series V figurado three seperate times until the draw was right yesterday. Once it opened up - excellent.