Home Non Cigar Related

No Chance To Say Goodbye

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I would call on a regular basis but the phone She had in her room was terrible and no one there knew how to fix it. Because of money and health problems I could not even visit, after years of visiting 2 or 3 times a year. Always brought a trunk load of tools to fix anything that needed it. She would be up and waiting the second morning I was there to go "shopping". She always made a fuss when I picked up four lobsters, I was spoiling Her. But lobster was Her favorite thing and what was a son to do.
Was thinking about all the photos I lost in the tornado and especially the ones of Her when She was in Her 20s and 30s, She was a real babe. Much better looking then the pinups at the time and She never lost that.
She made me think on my own and not follow the herd. She insisted I dress as well as could be afforded. We never wanted for anything that I can remember and She was the best cook on the block. 
I am sitting here crying my eyes out. She was in her late 90s and passed with grace and peace in Her sleep. I am thankful for that.
So much left unsaid. Give your folks a call and tell them how much they mean to you.
Goodbye Mom, I love you.

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss JD. I lost my mom when I was 26. Still miss her.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family 
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel you JD. my mom passed 3 years ago this month from complications of Alzheimer’s.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're in our thoughts a prayers.  She is at peace.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss JD
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Condolences, JD, my mom passed on in her mid-90s, and while I am grateful for her long life, I know how painful the loss is.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sympathies, JD, that's a tough loss.  I'll be praying for you and your family.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.  Sounds like you made her happy and proud. Remember those visits and the smiles those lobster brought.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terribly sorry to hear this awful news.  It's never easy to lose someone you love.  Praying for your well being and healing.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss brother. My condolences to you and your family.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Condolences to you and your family. I have good memories of lobster with my mom, too.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry for your loss
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss brother. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Condolences JD
    A little dirt never hurt
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear JD. Similar circumstances with my grandma back in June. I was going through the phone looking at all the times we talked this year and feel like 1-2 times a week just wasn't enough. Still pick up the phone to call her from time to time...have to remind myself I can't. Hold onto the good memories my friend. They help.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, JD. My condolences to you and yours.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss JD.  May you and your family find peace.
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss brother. My condolences to you and your family.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m very sorry for your loss brother. I lost my father 2 years ago. He was my best friend throughout my life, and I miss him every day

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So very sorry for your loss JD, prayers for you and her and your family. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sincere sympathy for your loss JD. 
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. 
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry for your loss.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Condolences to you and your family JD. Stay strong.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everyone of you.
    My sincerest thanks for the kind and sympathetic words and thoughts.