Home Pipes

If only 1...

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you had to be limited to only 1 tobacco blend to smoke what would it be?
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McClelland 3 Oaks Syrian, but I'm not even sure I can get any more of this.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McClelland Holiday Spirit
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three Nuns
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    965 or that mellow monk. Either would be fine by me.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    McClelland 5110 Dark English.

although, lately, my appreciation of Squadron Leader is catching up.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plum Pudding
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    I'm just getting started
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say Mello Monk with Almost Mushrooms at a close second
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunhill Nightcap, although I'm still pretty green with pipes.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lazy Edna
    Non Crux sed lux
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am torn either Dunhill Nightcap or Squadron Leader are my go to right now.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment I would have to say Smokers Haven Exotique...it never disappoints. Close runners up would be C&D Joie de Vivre or SPC Mississippi Mud

Mello Monk has received two votes...I definitely need to try it

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    I need to revise my selection...
    About two months ago I had Andrew send me a can of SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve. I tossed it in my cellar and almost forgot it was there. When I was selecting tobacco for my Istanbul trip, I decided to bring it and give it a try. That was the best decision I could have made! Since opening the can, I have had a hard time picking anything else to fill my pipe. It is great anytime of day, and absolutely amazing with a strong cup of Turkish coffee (any coffee). 

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got some of this as well and have yet to crack it open.  I have heard lots of good things about it so now I will definitely be getting into it soon.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

I just got some of this as well and have yet to crack it open.  I have heard lots of good things about it so now I will definitely be getting into it soon.
    @avengethisI hope you enjoy it as much as I do

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five Brothers smoking mixture, straight s h a g burley
    Five Brothers smoking mixture, straight s h a g burley
    @silvermouse I’m not familiar with that one...I’ll have to find some and check it out