Home Non Cigar Related

Labor Day Weekend

ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
What's everyone up to this weekend? 
I'm planning on just kicking back around the house. Got a couple little projects I've been putting off for a while......And that's about it. 

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kicking back and relaxing also.  Nothing really big planned.  We just started our semester and it has quickly turned into the semester from hell.  I need a rest already!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm taking an extra day off of work for some overdue spring cleaning. If the smoke in the air stays clear as it is, I may be able to actually enjoy a cigar or two.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working. Delivering all the ice cream we didn’t have on the customers regular delivery day. But there are a few cigar stores along the route, so there’s that!
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    I'm taking an extra day off of work for some overdue spring cleaning. If the smoke in the air stays clear as it is, I may be able to actually enjoy a cigar or two.
    No rib cook off?

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturday. I didn’t include it in this one for some reason 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pushing them barges up the river 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never quite got Labor Day.  I understand Memorial Day, or Veteran's Day, and that sort of holiday.  I mean what is that...? give them poor basterds a day off, just to show them we appreciate all their labor?  Is it the rich people thowing the poor workers a bone?  And the parades..."I'm going to go march and show off the fact that I worked all year, like 'look what I did, I made all the stuff you see'"?  I think it's just that the unions want to puff out their chest and be all proud, but why?

Sounds like a rant, right?  Not really, I just don't understand.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the 8-hour work day (for people who are not self-employed).
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or exempt from being paid overtime.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was where babies came from.