Home General Discussion

So, whaddaya think, Mr. Coffee Guy....?

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was rummaging around in my stash the other day and came across a Kopi Luwak cigar. It’s the last of a few I bought just to taste and it’s got at least a couple years on it by now. 

Halfwheel says the Kopi Luwak was introduced by Oliveros in 2009 but I thought it was from Drew Estate. I don’t recall the exact year I bought it. 

Anyway, @peter4jc, I was wondering if you’ve ever tried one of these - you being the Coffee Guy and all. If not, and since eating horrendously hot peppers doesn’t faze you, I’m offering to send it to you to try - if you’re up to it. I’ve talked to a few other folks about such things as Kopi Luwak coffee, etc., but no one seems to have the cojones to actually smoke one of these sticks. 

So, whaddaya think?  Shall I send it to ya?  Will you smoke it if I do and give us a review of it?  Lemme know, please.....  B)

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. Sorry if I pissed you off, Dude. I meant it as a friendly challenge. 

My bad.....   I understand about curmudgeon days, though. I’ve had a few of those recently, too. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost sounds like a guy I know in Yuba City.
     :D 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charlie's right; too many cigars, too little time.  I'm trying to not smoke sticks just to see what they're like and focus more on sticks I know I like.  Plus, my mad skillz at cigar reviewing suck and don't see any upside to a review like this because what will it gain for anyone here - are they going to seek out this particular cigar if I like it, probably not.  That, and we know that a cigar's title/name generally doesn't have much to do w/ what it actually turns out to be; calling it Kop Luwak doesn't mean a coffee guy will find any attraction.

But it's an interesting thought experiment, and I do appreciate you thinking of me.  And now it's time for my nap before the late football games start.  :)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That game is already over, terrible Sunday nite opener.  DA Bears suck, it's super unfortunate.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That game is already over, terrible Sunday nite opener.  DA Bears suck, it's super unfortunate.
    ....wasn't you the Bro that lost the Super Bowl bet with me?   Just say'n, ya aint no "Jimmy the Greek" .
    I set the bar super low, that way I can actually show human emotion if I get suprised.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahah, I was proven correct, the bears suck balls.  I mean seriously how do you **** that up?
    MOW badge received.