Home General Discussion

Favorite/Preferred Marcas

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
I made a comment to Sketch this morning regarding La Palina and it being one of my favorite companies and it got me thinking. I will smoke and enjoy about anything that comes through my humidor especially when it’s bombed or passed or won and sent to me etc. But when I actually go to spend my own money I notice that I tend to only buy from a dozen or so companies and those are my favorites. I enjoy about anything sent to me and will smoke it and likely enjoy it, but when I spend my own money I notice I have expensive taste lol. What are yours and who do you normally gravitate towards?

mine are:

Tatuaje (and sub brands)
Fuente (mostly Opus X, Don Carlos etc)
My Father/DPG
Davidoff (and sub brands like AVO, Zino)
Viaje
Black Label (and sub brands)
Crowned Heads
Caldwell
Matt Booth/Room101 (what’s left of it I guess)
Roma Craft
La Palina
Padron
Cuban (Bolívar is my fav but like all of them)

Brett
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Basically the same list as yours with the addition of AJ. Mainly for me the Ave Maria line and Foundation Cigars
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to add Oliva to the list.  And Partagas, at least the #1 and #2 Cameroon, some of their others I could do without.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I forgot to add Warped but for some reason I always see them as associates with Caldwell even though I know they aren’t. 

I like AJ stuff and some of the Oliva and Partagas mentioned too, I just don’t find myself buying them often either though. That said I do still very much enjoy smoking them. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I only “buy” MF/DPG, La Palina and EPC.

but of course I have purchased other brands but not as frequent as my top 3.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcas.  LOL.

I guess it's good to expand our vocabulary.  Then we can talk like Steve Saka, and pretend we're in the know and use words the ordinary smoker doesn't know.  

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'll pivotize my cigar database and get back to you. :D 

Off the top of my head the following stand out in no particular order

Warped
    Espinosa
    BLTC
    Cuban Bolivar
    La Palina
    Dunbarton/Saka
    Foundation
    EPC
    DPG
    Roma Craft
    Illusione
    Viaje
    Crowned Heads

It may not be politically correct to like some of these brands, this list is based on cigar taste and consistency alone.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m surprised that I had forgotten about Dunbarton tobacco and trust, but I really like Steve’s products as well, just forgot to put it in there. 

Seems that so far for the the most part there’s a lot of overlap, though I don’t think that’s all that surprising.