Home Non Cigar Related

Budweiser, the Great Belgian Lager?

So who else has heard of the deal where InBev bought up Anheuser-Busch? I heard it on NPR the other day. It amused me in a morbid kind of way. Not the fact that Bud is now a Belgian beer, I never liked Budweiser, but the corporate politics of it all.

Comments

• rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I saw this a while back, too. If I remember correctly, the kind of money that they were offering over the share price would have made it difficult for the board not to accept the offer. If they wouldn't have accepting the offer, they would likely of had a hostile takeover bid going straight to the shareholders and Warren Buffett was on board with the sale of the company.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Well, Belgium make some great beer. Bud won't taste any different although it could be better. I wonder what I get for my shares not that I have a lot.

The economy sucks, taxes suck, political climate is crazy right now. It's no wonder that outside businesses have been buying up US companies. Fairtax.org ...

On another note, the Dem ticket will be...

OBAMA/OBAMA
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I love Belgian brews. Bud would have to improve a lot before I even classified it as beer. Barleypop fizzwater at best.
    +1 on the FairTax.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    Bud would have to improve a lot before I even classified it as beer.
    canoe sex
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    Yeah, it's too bad. I don't care for Bud products though. Yuengling FTW.

+1 to fair tax
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Yuengling
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Fair Tax will always have my vote! Yuengling too
    I knew you were a good guy Maddy...lol.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    I knew you were a good guy Maddy...lol.
    I try, it doesn't come naturally to me tho ... lol