Home Non Cigar Related

Can you laugh at these even if you're pro-Kavanaugh?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Non Cigar Related

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image may contain text
    Image may contain 4 people
    edited October 2018

Not me,....... you. 

I am, and I already did. 

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a GOOGLE search on Kavanaugh meme and cartoons. Amazing how few are in his favor and how many are against him. I would be embarrassed to say I was a democrat.
    Born and raised a democrat. Got spit on at SF airport when I came back from overseas. Started paying attention. Became a republican. Did a lot of, including organizing, political rallies. After awhile I became an independent, never looked back. I would vote for Elmer Fudd if he ran against a democrat.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elmer said he'd run, but doesn't want to put up with the same circus and lies from the D's like Kavanaugh just did.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

Making fun of Conservatives is easy. Making fun of Liberals is hate speech. 

Awesome observation. 

But lacks this: Doubting liberal dogma is hate speech.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Bob_Luken said:
    Image may contain text

The irony is, Trump has never had so much as one beer. Teetotaler. Took an object lesson from a drunken uncle or some such, and vowed never to let his Irish loose. Think they'll cut him some slack for that? 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    Image may contain text

The irony is, Trump has never had so much as one beer. Teetotaler. Took an object lesson from a drunken uncle or some such, and vowed never to let his Irish loose. Think they'll cut him some slack for that? 
    I'm gonna go with "NO".
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited October 2018
    Just got beer. Had to warn my wife and granddaughter that according to difi, harris, spartacus, cnn's and other assorted democrats, snowflake, AHs, AWs, and losers it will make me a sexual predator.
    jd50ae said:
    I did a GOOGLE search on Kavanaugh meme and cartoons. Amazing how few are in his favor and how many are against him. I would be embarrassed to say I was a democrat.
    Did any of you see the point of this post?
    At worst it should have been even for and against.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    jd50ae said:
    Isn't the point of memes and cartoons to lampoon and ridicule?  Why would there be half the memes in support of K?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    jd50ae said:
    jd50ae said:

But I did try to explain why there are more attacking him than supporting him. I'll say it again,.... Making fun of Conservatives is easy. Making fun of Liberals is hate speech. Even this CNN editorial admits that there is a double standard in how vile comedic attacks on the conservatives are given a pass. https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/01/opinions/hypocrisy-offensive-speech-opinion-sheffield/index.html

Not trying to be a smart ass but, what were you expecting us to post in reply after we read your post? Or maybe you just need an an agree? or a vote up? Oh crap that sounded very smart assed. Sorry :)

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the actual problem with the youth of today.  I have about 20 high school kids that work for me.  Out of these 20 there only two schools that they attend.  Depending on the subject and school they all have the same "opinion".  Between the two schools the base for the "opinion" stays the same they just very slightly.  Kids are not taught how to think anymore, they are to told what to think.  There is a huge difference, from what I witness there is very little if any original thought.  Also common sense is dead, most of these kids don't know what a screwdriver is let alone how to use one, but one thing at a time. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    jd50ae said:
    Maybe the point is that most meme are to mock someone/something
    The Dems seem to mock everyone that does not agree with them, but take offense when done to them. Funnybhownthat works huh?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

#believeallwomenwhosayBillClintonrapedthem