That's right
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    Who?   ;-)
    I thought he was on first?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third base!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hearing things
    cold packs don't do any good anymore....
    I am seeing things
    coffee has lost its effect....
    I'm not gonna make it....
    edited October 2018
    Well, I failed big time. Falling in and out of consciousness, banging into walls, forgetting my name and finally fell into a deep sleep.
    Well today is the day.
    A BBC simulcast on BBCHD CH264 on DTV of the new DR Who at 0145PM, about 10 mins from now. Channel is on and DVD is set.
    Please be as tackywacky and as silly while making points on the humanity scale.
    I am worried, has PC gone over the edge. I mean, I know it has, but please not Dr Who.
    Pre Show Party:
    Heard Diversity Too Much. The show has been "diverse" ever since I have been watching it without screaming liberal stupidity.
    Heard It "Is About Time" From Hollywood Guests. I take that to mean the show is about time and time travel. 
    Real Whovians Were Glad Who The New Dr Was - No Culture Shock, just another good actor for the part.

Did the new Dr carry it off, which is really what it is about?
    It looks like the new Dr has the same idiosyncrasies, a good thing. She finally got her outfit correct at the end of the show. I hope they are not going to stick with 3 companions. The new Sonic screwdriver is selling for more than $70, I can wait. She will find her Tardis in the 2nd show, should be more revelations. I liked the show, but time will tell.
    Get it, "time will tell"?
    edited October 2018
    Are you guys telling me no one else watches Dr Who?
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD I’m a sci-fi lunatic. It started with StarGate SG-1 as a boy every episode. Then StarGate Atlantis every episode. StarTrek Next Generation every episode as well as Voyager every episode
    Now the Dr. was a big jump in terms opening the mind to all possibilities, I couldn’t handle it at first, was WAY out there and still is but it’s quite enjoyable now that I understand it.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen it but @Wylaff was trying to get me to start watching it a while back. I would have to get Amazon Prime, but that's not a big deal. Maybe this winter when I have more free time. 
    Dr. Who is the bomb.com.
    Well, the new Dr Who, so far has been a disappointment.
    The new female lady person star has her act together but 3 companions is a bit much, she could carry the show with the standard 1 companion.
    And the writing and story lines have not been up to par. There is a new writer and it is obvious.
    Hope the show improves. Cause I keep hoping the Tardis will appear and take me away.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    jd50ae said:
    Are you guys telling me no one else watches Dr Who?

I don't watch it, and never heard of it until after it became a common cultural reference. I have seen only one episode and didn't judge it to be something I should watch again.  
    JD, I think it's just a matter of the show running its course and that the writers having nothing new to write about.  I mean, how many Dalek (or whatever) plots can they come up with
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I used to watch the old-school ones with my dad on PBS Sunday afternoons when it wasn't football season.  They were great, because the stories were so trippy, you could take a nap after the first 10 minutes then wake up for the last 10 and not feel like you missed anything.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    last time i watched was david tennant, but my favoritewas the guy with thelong scarves, (name escapes me )
    no matter where you go, there you are.

I tried watching long ago, just did not click.
    Tried again, still nothing. Went on for years.
    Then like a kick in the arse I was hooked, I got it.....
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

I'm still waiting for a kick in the buttocks. But, it looks cool.
    I've been a huge fan of Babylon 5, Farscape, SG1, SG Atlantis, Star Trek everything, and of course Firefly. For many years I would have Babylon 5 playing in the background on the Linux PC 24/7 and I can still quote episodes from memory.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    jd50ae said:

I'm still waiting for a kick in the buttocks. But, it looks cool.
    I've been a huge fan of Babylon 5, Farscape, SG1, SG Atlantis, Star Trek everything, and of course Firefly. For many years I would have Babylon 5 playing in the background on the Linux PC 24/7 and I can still quote episodes from memory.
    I liked Firefly, wish it could have made it longer.