Home General Discussion

Been a long while

marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
Greeting everyone, been a long time since I have been in the forum. It has also been a long while since I have indulged in a good stick. Just curious as to what the changes have brought in the last couple of years in what is good out there. I basically have to start over from scratch.

What is recommended?

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion. It's funny, I was playing in a golf tournament yesterday and won a door prize which was a Romeo y Juliet and it just sparked how much I used to enjoy smoking a good cigar. But due to my current job, I had to give everything up and gifted my humidor and everything basically. So starting over is what I must do.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back, there’s a lot that changes as you know but it’s mainly just brands and lines. Most of the people here smoke some of the smaller boutique stuff, though not exclusively. 

Viaje
    Tatuaje
    Caldwell
    Warped
    Black Label Trading Company and their Black Works Studio
    Illusione
    My Father
    Arturo Fuente and Opus X
    Crowned Heads
    Davidoff
    Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust (Steve Saka formerly CEO of Drew Estate and responsible for Liga Privada)
    AJ Fernandez

To name a few...

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Brett, long time no see. I was always a fan of Drew Estate, especially a nicely aged MOW Ruination. Never delved too much into the Tats or Vlaje, but had my fair share of Opus, although too pricey for me now. I did have a solid stock of My Fathers which were a great line that wouldn't break the bank. So it appears not much has changed in the way of ole faithfuls.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey man good to see you hope all is well with you and yours!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brett, long time no see. I was always a fan of Drew Estate, especially a nicely aged MOW Ruination. Never delved too much into the Tats or Vlaje, but had my fair share of Opus, although too pricey for me now. I did have a solid stock of My Fathers which were a great line that wouldn't break the bank. So it appears not much has changed in the way of ole faithfuls.
    Has been a while and good to see you back too 😎

My Father has several new lines out, a few that are meant to be more wallet friendly as well like The Judge, Flor De Las Antilles (and maduro versions), and then the other two new lines are La Gran Oferta and La Opulance. Check it out as most are very affordable. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Nice to meet you, James, welcome back.

La Gloria Cubana Colleccion Reserva and Foundation The Wise Man maduro are both very good cigars.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Bigshizza said:
    Hey man good to see you hope all is well with you and yours!
    Yessir. All is well. Hope the some is true on your end.
    Thank you for the suggestions, I am going to ease back into slowly and hope the wife doesn't notice, lol.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro!!
    Good to see you posting!
    Although, now we (okay, I) need your addy. 

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Bro!!
    Good to see you posting!

As you can see, some things never change!  

Welcome back, and I second that Flor de las Antilles mentioned above.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I I do see that some people have itchy postal fingers, but I learned that lesson years ago when I got slaughtered by the likes of some of you. I actually had to move to make it stop.  :#
    0patience said:
    Bro!!
    Good to see you posting!

Good to see you are still around brother. And no...
    0patience said:
    Bro!!
    Good to see you posting!

As you can see, some things never change!  

Welcome back, and I second that Flor de las Antilles mentioned above.  
    Thank you sir. Good to be back. I will have to check out the Flor de las Antilles
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Bro!!
    Good to see you posting!

That's cold bro. Real cold. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestions, I am going to ease back into slowly and hope the wife doesn't notice, lol.
    What if we send something for your wife, too? 
    edited October 2018
    0patience said:
    0patience said:
    Bro!!
    Good to see you posting!

That's cold bro. Real cold. LOL!
    I just am fully aware of the damage you can do
    What if we send something for your wife, too? 
    I can take a whipping, just not from her
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back, good to meat you. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Back! I'm still working here so not to much has changed if you need any advice just drop me an email to andyd@cigar.com 
    Trident said:
    Welcome back James.  Hope everything is going well with the new job.  Send me your address and I'd be happy to reintroduce you to the forum newsletter.
    Everything is phenomenal on my end. And I will have to refer you to the same answer I gave Opatience.
    Welcome Back! I'm still working here so not to much has changed if you need any advice just drop me an email to andyd@cigar.com 
    Glad to see it Andy, you were always helpful while I was deployed overseas.
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    James, don't make me call your sister for your address.
    edited October 2018
    Trident said:
    James, don't make me call your sister for your address.
    Forgot about people knowing her. I guess you have an avenue to explore if you so choose. And I have to say thank you to you again, one of the last sticks I smoked was a little pig you sent me. And congrats Roman btw!