Home Non Cigar Related

I'm going to be in trouble

ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
In the next ten years......Minus the black board, flip phone and pay phone....I still use about everything on the list.

https://techspirited.com/things-that-will-become-obsolete-in-next-10years

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep those candles, and  pencils and notepads in your junk drawers. They won't be junk "when we loose the electrical grid" AKA "when the fertilizer hits the air mover".    
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Bob_Luken said:
    Keep those candles, and  pencils and notepads in your junk drawers. They won't be junk "when we loose the electrical grid" AKA "when the fertilizer hits the air mover".    
    Don't forget matches, can openers and big cans of tuna fish.

And oh yea, a fondue dish.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not having landlines will be disastrous in the event of an emergency where cell tours are down or impacted.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    Not having landlines will be disastrous in the event of an emergency where cell tours are down or impacted.
    I agree about landlines.  But now, most of the landlines come through the computer provider.  In a power outage, we lose that too.  Two cans and a string?
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always use semi fore flags (spelling)  like the Navy or if that fails good old smoke signals.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wonder about the current and future generation. Maybe I'm just an old Republican kermudgeon living in a 26 year old's body, but I'll gladly stick with 99% of the items mentioned in that link.

Spent the last 20 days in the mountains in a cabin with no television, no wifi, and no cell service. Only radio station we got was a religious music broadcast and I loved every minute of it! We actually had to hold live conversations and play board games. Solar cars...yeesh!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns