Home Non Cigar Related

Hemp CBDs, it is time to talk about it.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hemp CBD stores are popping up around here like mushrooms after a rain. One of them, Hub City Hemp, is run by some friends of my wife.
    edited October 2018
    Just visited their (unfinished) web site. I am gonna go broke. As much as I pay attention to the news about Hemp CBDs I had no idea it was available in so many forms. An advantage to this shop is the female lady person who is one of the owners is a registered nurse. Finally a place to go and ask some questions, and maybe get an educated answer.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for educated answers it sounds like you have a good source there, JD. Our local pot resource where one can obtain a pot card, advice, etc has an MD on staff to answer and advise. Frankly, my impression of him was that he was a wash-out who couldn’t make it anywhere else as a doctor. A pleasant man perhaps in his early sixties and about as informative as a box of rocks. Oh, well. Such is life, I suppose....
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that in a time when pot is legal, CBD does not impair you and a minute amount of THC will show on a drug test, a person can still lose their job for testing positive.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Consider the plight of doctors. There are many who agree that pot would be beneficial to some patients but they’re prohibited from prescribing it. They can lose their license here in California for writing a Rx for pot in any form. Research into the benefits of pot is likewise prohibited. 

They can write a note/letter recommending its use and this works with pot dispensaries as far as I know. But a Rx is a definite no-no. I’m told there are even restrictions/penalties regarding just discussing it with a patient. 
    jlmarta said:
    Consider the plight of doctors. There are many who agree that pot would be beneficial to some patients but they’re prohibited from prescribing it. They can lose their license here in California for writing a Rx for pot in any form. Research into the benefits of pot is likewise prohibited. 

They can write a note/letter recommending its use and this works with pot dispensaries as far as I know. But a Rx is a definite no-no. I’m told there are even restrictions/penalties regarding just discussing it with a patient. 
    But they can prescribe opioids like candy.  
    Yep. Big Pharma has lobbying doctors down to a science and the feds understand that kind of behavior. Why wouldn’t they??
    Doctors aren't the only ones being lobbied. Don't forget our public spirited law makers.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just liking your Meme post and then I saw this groaner.  
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Georgia with constant pain and epileptic seizures. I have to take opioids for the pain, and two different medications for the seizures. I do not like to be impaired, so I only take the minimum amount of the opioids that I am prescribed...even after over 10 years of the same dosage, I still take less than half of what I am prescribed. The seizure meds are supposed to be the best available, but I am currently at the maximum dose for both. 

I have ave had several health care personnel say that I would benefit from cannabis treatment for my seizures and pain, IF I lived somewhere that I could legally get it. Until recently I knew very little of Hemp CBD’s, but I’m sure they would work as well for my problems if I could take them. My health care system tests everyone who receives any amount of opioids and if you fail any test they immediately discharge you from their care. 

That said, I will discuss CBD’s with my doctor on my next visit

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    @dbeckom Hemp CBD's have no thc and will not show up on a test,
    A lot of questions can be answered at CWHemp and Realm of caring.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a shame that the pharmacuticals control what helps. I just read an article that says the government has finally admitted that pot kills cancer cells. So whats the problem. We should all move to Canada.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I don't see how this forces the dogs retirement.   Did they retire the dog if he found alpo?  Tell him he's a good boy and keep searching for the meth. 

Of course, I would like to see American justice return to a time when the 1st, 4th and 5th amendments were still valid and upheld. 
    Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited November 2018
    @Amos_Umwhat
     The 4th amendment is exactly what this is about.  And our appeals court has upheld it in this manner.
     In States where marijuana is legal, you have an absolute right to privacy concerning it.  And since the dog can't tell His handler exactly what he is smelling, Or how much of it he is smelling, it is no longer enough for probable cause. They are  dismissing cases where people had 30 pounds of heroin or meth.
     So the solution is to retire the old dogs that are trained to smell marijuana and by a new dog that was never trained to smell marijuana.
     My county is trying a dirty trick. Every year that dog has to be re certified for each drug. This year they are just not going to recertify the dog and try to fly that through court.
     They are going to try to convince judges and juries that the dog forgot what marijuana smells like or that he received treats for finding it.
     I'm sure it must suck to be the cop that found 30 pounds of heroin and the case got dismissed because you had no probable cause for the search to begin with even though the dog hit on the car.
    Now the dirty trick of giving the dog a NON VERBAL command to hit, which happens far more often than you might think has also gone the way of the dinosaur in my state.  I'm glad the courts are coming back around to upholding our rights to be free of unreasonable searches.

CBD stores are popping up everywhere. Have yet to see any price drops.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dispensaries on Cape Cod closed by the state due to pyrethrin used by growers before the plants started to flower....
    https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2018/12/16/state-closes-medical-marijuana-dispensaries-on-cape-cod
    I guess by now you’ve all heard that the 2018 farm bill was signed into law and effective immediately. And all the news sources are shouting “Hemp removed from controlled substance list”. Sounds great, right?

what they’re not saying is that the only Hemp-related thing removed from the list has to do only with how it’s grown - not anything to do with CBD. That remains on the list and, federal law-wise, it’s still illegal. 

This doesn’t affect a lot of Californians but it DOES affect anyone unfortunate enough to live in an assisted living facility or any other kind of facility here in California which accepts any federal funds of any kind such as Medicare. Those facilities are still under federal law and CBD is still taboo. 

Government. Don’tcha just love it???   >:)
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @jlmarta
     How can it be the government's fault? Arent they Currently shut down?   :D

Out of biznass

It's interesting that Forbes publishes that article, yet the National Center for Biotechnical Information published this.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14578199

The problem is, information is being thrown around about THC and CBD, that people are having a hard time understanding what is real and what isn't.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    edited December 2018
    @Sketch6995

Happened before the shutdown. I’d have thought you’d be one of the first to mention this except that you’re already a legal grower so it’s probably of minor importance to you. And, I’m not familiar with Colorado laws so I don’t have anything to compare it with. 

I’m presently preparing to contact my congressman regarding the discriminatory situation this causes here in California since it affects literally thousands of seniors who reside in assisted living or other similar facilities. My wife and I, for example, aren’t permitted to use CBD but folks right outside the fence can because they’re not governed by federal law. Equal justice under the law, right??
    edited December 2018
    0patience said:
    It's interesting that Forbes publishes that article, yet the National Center for Biotechnical Information published this.

The problem is, information is being thrown around about THC and CBD, that people are having a hard time understanding what is real and what isn't.

I found, after reading all the way through that article, that the final sentence seems to exonerate CBD. 

“These results suggest the potential use of CBD as a novel topical therapy for the treatment of glaucoma.”

Interesting, no?
    jlmarta said:
    0patience said:

I found, after reading all the way through that article, that the final sentence seems to exonerate CBD. 

These results suggest the potential use of CBD as a novel topical therapy for the treatment of glaucoma.

Interesting, no?
    Agreed.
    It is very difficult for a person to make heads or tails of all of it.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    edited December 2018
    0patience said:
    jlmarta said:
    0patience said:

These results suggest the potential use of CBD as a novel topical therapy for the treatment of glaucoma.

Interesting, no?
    Agreed.
    It is very difficult for a person to make heads or tails of all of it.

And I’m not taking a position one way or the other regarding THC. What amazes me, though, is that, based on all I’ve read on the subject, THCa
    can do all the things that THC can do except make you high. If that’s true, then I could easily argue in favor THCa being removed from the controlled substances list. 
    edited December 2018
    What I find very very ironic, is there are millions of people in this country who dabbled, used, experimented with and just plain used it every waking minute.
    Has anyone ever done an honest study from this wealth of users?
    It has been said after one study that use kills brain cells. The study was a group of "college students" so how could you tell?
    Other small blind studies say the stuff is miraculous. Most of those studies were done by people that bought stocks in the new companies.
    Information was almost impossible to get when this started, just a blanket statement how it was curing everything under the sun.
    Stores and internet sites are now popping up like fleas on dogs. And yet the prices do not come down. But, if you pick the right number you could buy all you want at half price.
    There are all kinds of processes to extract the oils and there is one heck of a boom in eyedropper sales and amber bottles. My favorite will always be the gummies. 
    There seems to be a price point that is consistent across the board. Remember years ago when your local plumbers/contractors would meet at some bar, and set prices and then divided up the area? At the old house we could not get a water pump fixed by a company that was a block away, but the company 10 miles away could. 
    After all that, and so much more, I AM A BELIEVER. I sleep better. Aches and pains have lessened (still fall down a lot). And most importantly, I am not being investigated for any disappearances.
    There are 2 sites I trust for news and information. Their histories and information are well known, and I check them regularly.
    In case you are interested: Realm of Caring and CWHemp.

PS if anyone has tried the non THC hemp and quit for any reason, I will be more then happy to take what you have left off your hands.
    jd50ae said:

There are 2 sites I trust for news and information. Their histories and information are well known, and I check them regularly.
    In case you are interested: Realm of Caring and CWHemp.

Just FYI, @jd50ae, both of those sources are related. CW Hemp is a California firm that was formed to get around laws regarding shipping hemp oil across state lines. The parent company is Realm of Caring. I believe they partnered-up with an existing California company. CW stands for Charlotte’s Web which is the hallmark of the Realm of Caring. 

I don’t remember for sure but the original name of the outfit they partnered-up with was something like California Pediatric. In any case it was ‘something’ Pediatric or Pediatrics. That much I’m sure of. 

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    What I find very very ironic, is there are millions of people in this country who dabbled, used, experimented with and just plain used it every waking minute.
    Has anyone ever done an honest study from this wealth of users?
    The short answer:  NO.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain