Home Ratings & Reviews

J. Fuego

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
Has anyone tried his cigars? If so, I am interested in your opinions/recommendations.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've had a few from him. The Xikar Defiance, now known as the Xikar HC, is a pretty good one. The Casa Fuego is good, is kind of reminds me of a DPG Cuban Classic with less pepper and more earthy notes, can be had for pretty cheap too. I've also had one of the J Fuego Grand Reserva (I think that's the name) and it too was a tasty smoke. I think J Fuego is a very talented blender and if he keeps making good cigars his name is only going to grow.

As far as recommendations, I'd say try the Casa Fuego. As I mentioned it is inexpensive and a tasty cigar. I've heard good things about the 777 line but haven't had one yet.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I've smoked 2 different J. Fuego sticks, and have one more in the humi. Smoked 777 natural, and really didn't care for it. Have a 777 maduro in the humi. The J. Fuego Natural, however, was an awesome stick - great roasted nuts flavor right off the bat, and it held flavorful throughout the stick. I'd buy this one in bulk for sure.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Thanks for the good info. I'm going to keep an eye out for the Casa Fuego and the J. Fuego Natural.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I've had the 777 and the Delirium. the Delirium is better imo.
    funny fact. Jesus Fuego was the blender that took Rocky Patel under his wing and taught him. He did all of the first blends for Indian Tabac and RP. after Rocky got big enough, he booted Fuego. Jesus Fuego was at an event at my B&M not too long ago. The owner has a good relationship with him and carries very few RP products as he is not fond of what Rocky did.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with Hays, the J. Fuego Natural is an awesome cigar, one of my top ten. The Delirium and 777 Maduro are also very good, and like Joe said, the Casa Fuego is a great stick for the price.
    dennisking:
    I've had the 777 and the Delirium. the Delirium is better imo.
    funny fact. Jesus Fuego was the blender that took Rocky Patel under his wing and taught him. He did all of the first blends for Indian Tabac and RP. after Rocky got big enough, he booted Fuego. Jesus Fuego was at an event at my B&M not too long ago. The owner has a good relationship with him and carries very few RP products as he is not fond of what Rocky did.
    That's messed up. It makes you wonder what else has gone on (or is going on) in the cigar world.
  • I have enjoyed everything I have tried from Fuego. The Xicar's are awesome sticks, I prefer the stronger ones. The Gran Reserva was a good stick as well. I would like to try the 777 Maduro.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Has anyone tried his cigars? If so, I am interested in your opinions/recommendations.
    If you've had any of the original Rocky Patels you've had Jesus Fuego. 1990, 1992, Sun Grown, Edge, etc
    madurofan:
    If you've had any of the original Rocky Patels you've had Jesus Fuego. 1990, 1992
    You're trying to make me not like J Fuego, aren't you? :)
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    If you've had any of the original Rocky Patels you've had Jesus Fuego. 1990, 1992
    I think I remember you mentioning your dislike of RP in an old thread, but I never figured out the reason. What don't you like about RP? Just curious to know
    sightunseen:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    I think I remember you mentioning your dislike of RP in an old thread, but I never figured out the reason. What don't you like about RP? Just curious to know
    Most of them just don't really work with my taste in cigars. I don't dislike everything Rocky Patel, in fact there are a few that I really like, but most of them just aren't anything special to me. Leading that list is the Vintage '90 and '92, I just don't get the hype about them. It's nothing personal against Rocky Patel or the cigars he makes, just where my taste in cigars is. Admittedly, I do overplay this a bit with some of the older forum members, and it all goes back to some old discussions about Rocky Patel and Gurkha.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    sightunseen:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Most of them just don't really work with my taste in cigars. I don't dislike everything Rocky Patel, in fact there are a few that I really like, but most of them just aren't anything special to me. Leading that list is the Vintage '90 and '92, I just don't get the hype about them. It's nothing personal against Rocky Patel or the cigars he makes, just where my taste in cigars is. Admittedly, I do overplay this a bit with some of the older forum members, and it all goes back to some old discussions about Rocky Patel and Gurkha.
    This is the reason for the quote in my signature.

As you know I'm a RP fan with the exception of the OWR's and the Decade. In my opinion the J. Fuegos are very similar to those.