Home General Discussion

FirstWarrior

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
Most of the newer members (and maybe some of the older members) might not know that Roger wrote a great book on his experience as a grunt in Vietnam. Here is the link to his book: https://www.amazon.com/Stained-Mud-Khe-Sanh-1966-1967-ebook/dp/B00F8K8IHE/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541223613&sr=8-1-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=vietnam+stained+by+the+blood  

I read a lot of history and this is one of the most poinent and honest accounts I’ve read.
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Rodger — I suppose I should have asked if it was alright to brag on you a bit.  Oops. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, you guys enough is enough and I say that with fondness. Writing the book allowed me to unload a lot of stuff about the war that I had been carrying for years. I hope when others read it it will afford them some healing also.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its phenomenal, highly recommended 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, you guys enough is enough and I say that with fondness. Writing the book allowed me to unload a lot of stuff about the war that I had been carrying for years. I hope when others read it it will afford them some healing also.
    Your humility is very real and we can all see it Rodger, but we also agree that you did a tremendous job with it. I’m hoping to pick up a copy soon and read it myself, I expect I will enjoy it just as much as everyone else. Take the praise as it is given earnestly and with great respect, you’ve earned it 😊
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Its phenomenal, highly recommended 
    Going to look it up
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to reading this and thank you @First_Warrior for your service. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My copy sits on my work bench right next to my smoking spot.....So I can see it everyday and remind myself of all the things others have done for my freedom.