Home Non Cigar Related

A small tribute to First Warrior and all Military Veterans

GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in Non Cigar Related
After reading Rodgers book, Stained with the Mud of Khe Sanh, I have a new respect for all veterans of war. A young man thrown in to mortal combat and forced to hump and grunt every day just to survive is something I will never have to do, because someone else already paid that price.

I worked Christmas and New Years Day this year, so it did not seem like much of a holiday season. I went to Truth or Consequences NM with my wife to celebrate her birthday and soak in the natural hot springs. On an adventure to the west side of town we saw the Veterans Memorial Park and Hamilton Military Museum. We stopped the next afternoon and took a few photos, looked at the entire museum (small but amazing amount of memorabilia), and fought off tears. 
I just want to share a few photos and say a sincere Thank You.
We all owe a debt that can never be repaid. Semper Fi
Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
Post edited by Guitarded on
Tagged:

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Land of the Brave.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. Very well said.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post. @First_Warrior where can I pick up a copy of your book? I'm an avid reader and I'd like to buy a copy or get it for my tablet if they have it in an ePub format. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a copy, too. Please tell us where to get one, Rodger. 

Where would it be most to your advantage for us to purchase a copy?  I'm sure none of us are interested in 'dry-begging' one. 

Thanks, Bro. And thanks for your service. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a 20 year vet that hung up his uniform 20 years ago this month, I am humbled each and every time that someone acknowledges Vets and Thanks us for our service.  I never knew the proper response so just say: it was my privilege to wear the uniform. This just reminded me that 20 years ago this coming Friday I signed out on Terminal Leave from the Army.  HOOAH!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an amazing read. 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a hard copy available? If so, would like to purchase a copy.  
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an amazing read. Rodger is a special guy, working with others to help them through life. Thank you for your dedication to helping others.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    All proceeds go...well we are not exactly sure where they go but it's a wonderful read. If you need an endorsement for the cover or something feel free to use "Buy this amazing book or I will make a coat rack out of your wobbly bones - Randy Ewing"
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Pennsylvania there's a veterans designation which depicts an American flag on their driver's license, which I thought was a nice touch.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot print enough money to pay our military for what they do.  God bless them all!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it interesting that in the early 80s, private contractors, doing the same jobs and had better gear, were taking home a couple grand a month, while an E5 was making barely $1100/month.
    I'm sure that the difference is pretty much the same now.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.