Home Non Cigar Related

HID or LED

dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
I need some headlights to brighten my nightlife, anybody had any luck or not with either.
A little dirt never hurt

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of HID.
    I've had too many problems.
    On a car, they probably do fine, but if you do any off-roading, they don't like water much.

We run heated LED lights on our plow trucks with no problems.
    My personal truck has projector lights. 

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're best off staying with whatever type you had or what the car has as stock headlights.  The design of the reflector can make switching to a different bulb do strange things.  But then again, you're into strange things, so just maybe....
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe just tightening the bulb in the housing will help, it was rattling around a bit, noticed there wasn't a beam on the left side when pulling up to the garage door.
    A little dirt never hurt
    Maybe just tightening the bulb in the housing will help, it was rattling around a bit, noticed there wasn't a beam on the left side when pulling up to the garage door.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like that show my youngest daughter watches, BuzzFeed Unsolved: Supernatural, where the hosts use flashlights with loose bulbs so that they cut on and off at random times.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    The light was on, just nobody home.
    A little dirt never hurt