Home General Discussion

NYC Cigar Shops

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
We're planning a day trip to NYC around the holidays this year and was hoping you guys could give a suggestion or two on any must visit B&M's in the city. I found a bunch listed when I did a google search, but would much rather hear reviews from you all.
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Uptown Davidoff and Nat Sherman. But if looking for lounges, I don't know.
    But then again, I don't know much, so take it for what it's worth.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a nice experience go to the Nat Sherman Townhouse on E 42nd St. I've met people and cigar smokers from all over the world there and the service is first class without being intimidating. Wife dropped me off there while she shopped. Great husband babysitting location for a couple hours. Both of us were very happy.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nat Sherman is closed on Thanksgiving! I found that out last year when I went to see the Parade!
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Nat Sherman I think
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a bunch, and "Nat Sherman's" is one of the best.
    But be careful, there are a lot of bogus Cubans in some of the other shops.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to a couple of the Davidoff stores to shop but didn't have time to enjoy the lounge. As nice as you'd expect. The midtown location had a full line of cigars while the Brookfield shop had only Davidoff, Avo, Camacho and whatever else is under the Davidoff umbrella.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I definitely need to visit the Nat Sherman Townhouse. I watched a couple video tours last night and loved it. Only thing I'd forgotten is the 75% tax on tobacco in the city. That will likely limit my CAS. Good news is that it's only 2 blocks from Grand Central Terminal, which is also on the bucket list.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d just take my own. I can’t bring myself to pay 20$ for a 10$ cigar.