Home General Discussion

Free Cable Dohickie

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anybody tried the thing that is being advertised as supposed to give you free HD cable & TV stations? If so how do you like it.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What thing?
    Got a name?
    I've tried some.
    But mostly, the only ones that seem really work are subscription ones.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one I heard of was Rabbit Jack but think they charge a one time fee or something. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    Rabbit TV Takes all of the free stuff on the internet and controls them all into one unit. All it does is give you something that will provide you a menu of all of the things you can watch.

Check out tubi.com and pluto.tv, Popcornflix and Sony Crackle which are free TV.
    And these have apps available on Android, FireTV and Roku.
    And FireTV, Roku and Android have many more free TV apps, which can give you a lot of shows and movies to watch.

Personally, I have SlingTV for $40/month and use ABC and NBC apps and pay for CBS All Access app for $5.99/month, which gives us almost all of the channels we had with Directv that was costing us $130/month.

All of these require internet though.

What TV do you use now? Cable, Direct or Dish?

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are referring to the over the air antennas that they sell as amazing magical free tv devices, do a little research on how close you are to your local towers. I'm just out of reach of all of the networks' towers here. The shop I went to to inquire about an indoor HD antenna has a 40 ft. antenna and still only gets a signal part of the time.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The TVFool.com site can help determine what over-the-air channels you can receive and how high you need to place your antenna. I think they have an app now.

I'm blocked by a hill and fat no channels here.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Rabbit TV Takes all of the free stuff on the internet and controls them all into one unit. All it does is give you something that will provide you a menu of all of the things you can watch.

Check out tubi.com and pluto.tv, Popcornflix and Sony Crackle which are free TV.
    And these have apps available on Android, FireTV and Roku.
    And FireTV, Roku and Android have many more free TV apps, which can give you a lot of shows and movies to watch.

Personally, I have SlingTV for $40/month and use ABC and NBC apps and pay for CBS All Access app for $5.99/month, which gives us almost all of the channels we had with Directv that was costing us $130/month.

All of these require internet though.

What TV do you use now? Cable, Direct or Dish?

I use comcast cable now, but we have the most basic package and they just made the weather channel and food network premium channels. WTF? For TV and Internet is 86.00 per month.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    edited November 2018
    Might be worth looking at SlingTV, they have a 7 day free trial.
    But Comcast might sock it to you, if you only have internet through them.
    Between cable internet, SlingTV and CBS All Access, I am paying less than $90.
    Before I dropped Directv, we were paying about $170 for internet and Directv.

I don't regret it.
    Plus, it's so nice to browse through on-demand shows and watch them when I want to. Directv was a pain to find on-demand shows.

At least look at the free apps I posted. You might find stuff you like.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cut off Dish Network. Put antennae on the roof for local channels, stream the rest. **** dinged me an extra $30 for internet last month saying I went over my 1 TB allotment, this month thru 25 days I have used 1/3 of a TB. WTF
    A little dirt never hurt
    C O X communications, it's a company dicks
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Just cut off Dish Network. Put antennae on the roof for local channels, stream the rest. **** dinged me an extra $30 for internet last month saying I went over my 1 TB allotment, this month thru 25 days I have used 1/3 of a TB. WTF
    This happened to us with Xfinity (Comcast) and we had to download an app to shut down internet access to devices that are already OFF at night but according to Comcast is still pulling internet usage even when turned off that got us overage charges. Turning access off at night has kept us from being overcharged again. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    dirtdude said:
    This happened to us with Xfinity (Comcast) and we had to download an app to shut down internet access to devices that are already OFF at night but according to Comcast is still pulling internet usage even when turned off that got us overage charges. Turning access off at night has kept us from being overcharged again. 
    Yea, I get that, but I haven't changed anything from last month other than being more reliant on them for streaming and have apparently used 1/3 less. I guess they hold the meter and can read it however they want. Same with Verizon.
    A little dirt never hurt
    So there are still a$$hole companies that limit your broadband?
    We had comcast try and get us to switch to them. When they said that internet cost was depending on the bandwidth limit you choose.
    Wait. What? Limit? Oh hell no.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Might be worth looking at SlingTV, they have a 7 day free trial.
    But Comcast might sock it to you, if you only have internet through them.
    Between cable internet, SlingTV and CBS All Access, I am paying less than $90.
    Before I dropped Directv, we were paying about $170 for internet and Directv.

I don't regret it.
    Plus, it's so nice to browse through on-demand shows and watch them when I want to. Directv was a pain to find on-demand shows.

At least look at the free apps I posted. You might find stuff you like.

Soooo you're a slinger?

From now on I will imaging you with a full beard.

Image result for slinger commercial

Check out Xumo stream TV.
    It has a fairly decent selection of channels and is free.
    They aren't great channels, but for free, not terrible.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: