Home General Discussion

When you lose a cigar in your humi

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
And realize you really need to do some serious organizing.

I went looking for a cigar I know I had a couple of and I have either lost them or given them away. 
But I came to the realization that I seriously need to go through the tower and get things squared away. 

Am I the only one who's humi got away from them?

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Your not alone.  Which cigar?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undercrown Sungrown. Grown kind of fond of them.
    Even pulling out all the trays and boxes, I found a bunch others I forgot about, but not the one I was looking for. LOL!

First picture is the mess of what I pulled out.
    The second is what I still need to contend with.
    The boxes are full. And the Egg, was a gift from my wife, so it has to stay. LOL!

And I blame @Echambers and @NorCalR1 for a lot of that mess.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    My collection is a fraction of yours, but I do keep an itemized list of my sticks so I know what I have at any given time. 
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep a pretty strict inventory on all my shiz, but between a few lotteries, vacation, and some CAS the cooler became a nightmare. Spent a full day recently looking back through the forum at everything I'd traded or bombed out. Still showing a 17 cigar deficit but at least I know for sure what's in there now.

My advice: keep a log. Probably take you a bit longer than it did for me to categorize everything but it's worth it.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Even pulling out all the trays and boxes, I found a bunch others I forgot about, but not the one I was looking for. LOL!

The boxes are full. And the Egg, was a gift from my wife, so it has to stay. LOL!

Who me I think you got me back so we are even. Nice collection are you going to put the 1916’s away for a long rest? 
    I lost a whole bag of sticks a few weeks bag found them a few hours later after tearing through coolers

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    0patience said:

Wait, so you're  blaming me because you picked a fight with a bunch of smelly newbs? That's just not right my friend!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope @Sketch6995 doesn't see this.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens to the best of us......
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use to have that problem but my cousin in NY ran into some hard times. Since he was one of the three that went out of their way to help after the tornado I had to do something. Being a true cigar smoker who went to a local cigar "club" once a week it was easy. Sent him all of my non 5 Vegas Gold cigars, 2 really big Priority Post boxes packed and filled with great care and humidifiers. Talk about grateful. And he showed up at his weekly meet with a different cigar every time. He will be smiling for months to come.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Just be glad you don't have an attic in your humidor........ I can see a 10 pk of umbagog and a box of MoW puro Authentico.......I have to refer to my video if I want to remember what else is up there.

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy solution to your problem

You buy more!
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy solution to your problem

You buy more!
    I like that train of thought, but don't think the boss lady will buy that.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to do some serious organizing in both my coolers.  I've been slacking over the last year and just keep piling things in.  Since I owe a few people some things I guess now will be a good time.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    I have 2, 5ers of MoW dark horse coming today......I expect they will disappear into my humi.  Probably need a search party with bloodhounds to find them again.