Home Non Cigar Related

Alert: Avoid Baby Shark

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Important warning: Avoid exposure to this song at all costs. Don't be curious. Don't fool yourself. It's the worst type of ear-worm I have EVER heard. If you have already been exposed, please help me spread the warning. My story: I have an old friend that posted a link to a college band that played this tune at a game. It was supposed to just be a funny viral clip on FB. I didn't recognize the song so then I googled the damn thing. A youtube video. I SAW, IT, ONCE! (doo doo doo doo doo doo) not ALL, THE, WAY! (doo doo doo doo doo doo) but,... it's IN, MY, HEAD. (doo doo doo doo doo doo) Lord help me! It's a kid's song very popular with babys and young kids. If you have young kids or grand-kids it's probably too late for you, but for everyone else,...... you HAVE BEEN WARNED.  (doo doo doo doo doo doo)

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Important warning; the above is not a warning, but rather an extension of the conspiracy put out by the World Wide Baby Shark Federation, a.k.a the WWBSF, to infect the rest of the world's population by using reverse psychology; they tell you to stay away, but they know you can't.  It's the end of the world as we know it.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh good. Something to replace Bolero. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    thanks a lot jd  :p
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped letting my daughter listen to it many months ago.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    edited November 2018
    jd50ae said:
    thanks a lot jd  :p
    Your very welcome.
     Before Bolero got stuck in my head it was the penguins and doobie doobie do.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son loves the song and it’s on and we sing it regularly. It will play over and over in your head for days without stop. The fear is real...
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen videos a couple of times, but it doesn't stick with me.  I couldn't even begin to hum the tune.

But now Bolero is stuck in my head, and I'm moving my arm to mimic the Trombone solo.

The things that unite us, because...

It's a Small World, After All.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Martel said:
    I've seen videos a couple of times, but it doesn't stick with me.  I couldn't even begin to hum the tune.

But now Bolero is stuck in my head, and I'm moving my arm to mimic the Trombone solo.

The things that unite us, because...

It's a Small World, After All.

I was doing fine, sympathizing even until you brought up that Disney song.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I won't mention the Muppet song Mahna Mahna then, or, heavens forbid, surfing bird.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Try not to think about a pink elephant

https://kedarsoman.wordpress.com/2015/06/17/dont-think-of-a-pink-elephant/
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you heard about the game?  You just lost.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Have you heard about the game?  You just lost.
    No. This is my safe-place. You don't bring that stressful crap here.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I'm not gonna say what type of person you are Brad, but we all have a word for it. Not everybody has the same word for it but, you know what I mean. You're the kind of guy who likes to share,.....but only stuff like,...... flu germs, and candy (that you don't like).

I'll say it again, don't be curious. If you still haven't heard it and you're wondering "how bad could it be?" Well, that kid on the right in the thumbnail for the video (the one that looks like he's hopped up on Mountain Dew and cocaine,) he is a visual representation of the ear-worm you will be putting inside your head. Do you really want that in there? 
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't follow instructions or read warning labels. 🤓
    I was curious so I watched it. 💩
    Once was more than enough. 🚫
    I feel sorry for people with children that have to hear that repeatedly. 😭
    I feel the baby shark earwig burrowing in my head as I type this.😒
    What have I done! 🚑
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I <3 you guys :)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Coming next year 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that’s a few minutes of my life I won’t get back. Doo doo doo doo doo doo
    STOP
    ^ In The Name of Love?
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammer time?
    Collaborate and listen?
    Rhamlin said:
    Well that’s a few minutes of my life I won’t get back. Doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Just a few minutes huh? Do you have some sort of immunity to ear-worms?  For most people, it's gonna keep playing automatically in their head, taking more and more time from them, doo doo doo doo doo doo until it wears off.  

Hammer time?
    Collaborate and listen?
    No fair, you hoggin' 'em. Pick one and let someone else have a shot at the other one.  

edited November 2018
    And since y'all want to talk about other ear-worms, and since it's that time of year, I want to ask, is this one an ear worm for any of you?

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time 

I hate the song but it's a bad an ear-worm for me. And I get a booster shot of it every year. I made it through November so far without hearing it, but I know I won't make it through December unless I run away and live in a cave until January. 

Little Drummer Boy
    online is your friend, stay out of stores until mid-January