Home Ratings & Reviews

cigar ****.

GlassjoeGlassjoe Posts: 25
edited December 2018 in Ratings & Reviews
Hello fellow smokers. I have , perhaps like some of you , expensive taste in cigars, well at least the cigars i enjoy are found inside the walk-in humi and not behind the drugstore counter. My taste ranges normally toward the full flavored stuff. I recently tried my fathers Judge that was quite good. Does anyone know some decent sticks that are affordable(cheap) that can hold up to the pepsi challenge ?
'I think,' said Christopher Robin, 'that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.'

Best Answer

Answers

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, to answer your question a little better, 
    Here are a few great cigars that are available on pretty good deals.
    Torano (no one saw that coming?)
    CAO
    Alec Bradley
    Oliva
    Undercrown
    My Father
    Jaime Garcia
    AJ Fernandez
    Leccia
    Diesel
    And the list goes on and on.

Most of those brands have great lines of cigars and can be found on deals on several sites.
    Up to you which, if any, are up to your liking.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony, you were right the first time - nobody knows what the OP will like.  @Glassjoe, smoke whatever you want to smoke and figure out what you like because that's all that matters and nobody can help you figure that out.

Sheeeesh... and I thought I was a post-****.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Tony, you were right the first time - nobody knows what the OP will like.  @Glassjoe, smoke whatever you want to smoke and figure out what you like because that's all that matters and nobody can help you figure that out.

Sheeeesh... and I thought I was a post-****.
    Uh, No. Well, Yes, and no. In my opinion, Peter is wrong and Peter is also right. Lemme explain.  When Peter says nobody can help you figure that out, (What you will like), I disagree. I definitely think that observing what the guys on this forum smoke, and following their lead sure gives you some indication of what to try next. And Peter is right in that you have to ultimately make your own judgement on YOUR favorites. 

And speaking of favorites, many newbies ( Not sayin You are a newbie smoker @Glassjoe) but, this is on my mind and I'm going to go ahead and say this for the newbies who may read this post,...... many newbies seem to be fixated on finding their go-to cigar and seem to assume that veteran enthusiasts stick with their favorites and most often only smoke those favorites. Actually it's more of an opposite situation.  I don't think anyone on this forum smokes only their favorite cigars. Some might have four or five or a dozen favorites that they purchase in box quantities but nobody I can think of here who smokes only those favorites. The truth is that everybody's on a never ending quest to try more great cigars they haven't tried before, while still re-visiting the ones they like.  

One way to balance your search @Glassjoe between quality and value is to learn the ropes of the cigar bid websites. Eggs are cheaper by the dozen and cigars are cheaper by the box on the internet. And get involved here on this forum with the newbie trade. https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/340006/newbie-trading-thread/p1
    You'll get to sample what we like and it's a quicker route to finding more cigars you are willing to buy in box quantities. Welcome to the forum and good luck finding excellent cigars.  
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Bob here, I read that thread about which one cigar celebrities smoke and my first thought was how tired I would get of smoking just one cigar.

I pick the cigar based on the time of day, the time I have, the task at hand, my mood, etc.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Agree with Bob here, I read that thread about which one cigar celebrities smoke and my first thought was how tired I would get of smoking just one cigar.

I pick the cigar based on the time of day, the time I have, the task at hand, my mood, etc.
    Usually whatever looks good as I rummage balanced with perceived or known quality plus time allowed. Here's an example: I won't waste a good one if it's too cold but I'll instead burn a lesser cigar until my feet get cold and I want to go inside.