Home General Discussion

SHIPPING ??

How does those site ship their smokes ? I ordered a box of Undercrowns and 15 singles. Will they be shipped securely and with some form of humidifcation a like Boveda packs ??? I want to make sure $250-$300 worth of smokes ruined coming from PA to California.. 

Comments

• StickManStickMan Posts: 2
    Sorry. How does this specific site “cigars.com” ship there smokes...
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had any problems from this place, or any who are located in the same facility here in PA. I'd even say it's my favorite online spot as far as quality is concerned, although I have only purchased maybe $5,000 worth of cigars from online retailers, which is a drop in the bucket compared to some folks. My friends, who live in other parts of the country tell me pretty much the same. One friend of mine lives in Oregon, right near the CA border, and he says Cigar.com shipments go quite smoothly and there have been no issues.

As far as "how" they package everything? That's a question for staff or more experienced buyers, sorry I can't be of further service.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boxed cigars will most likely have the plastic/cellophane outer wrap still on the box. My boxes purchased here have always arrived this way. They won't have time to dry out on a cross country trip. My singles purchased from (cigar.com or ccom) have always arrived inside a zipper lock bag with a water pillow. I have ordered LOTS of times from cigar.com. Only once did I have damage and they offered credit on next purchase if I recall correctly. My shipments have always been packed reasonably well, but there is always a chance for some rough handling by the carrier. If yours ever arrive damaged. Call them. This company has a great reputation for fixing problems if their products are damaged in shipment.  
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    BKDog said:
    peter4jc said:
    The time to ask is before you buy...

Your cigars will arrive dried out and crumbly.  And they'll take two weeks to get there.

Are you always this annoying or is this just a phase?
    Yes, yes reading some of your posts BK we were all wondering the same thing... Give us your address will send you some Kleenex...
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StickMan Peter has a point. Question shipping before buying. Your cigars will be fine though, but expect 1-2 weeks for delivery. 

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    peter4jc said:

Your cigars will arrive dried out and crumbly.  And they'll take two weeks to get there.

Phasers set to,...... annoy. 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    peter4jc said:

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't be ruined.
    Takes about 7 days to get to Oregon sometimes. 
    But if you pay for USPS priority, it's 3 days.
    Most of my orders have a humi pack in them.

If they aren't to your liking when you get them, call the customer service, but I've never had a problem with them being dried out, even when USPS lost my cigars for 10 days.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.