Home Non Cigar Related

Christmas music

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
My favorite time of the year. We celebrate that our savior was born. I know some may not agree but I love   Christmas music. What are some of your favorite songs?
https://youtu.be/ifCWN5pJGIE

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank Sinatra - Christmas album

#endthread
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    I am more of a Bing Crosby guy myself.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince G.

https://youtu.be/t3HzQXzHOYg
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    I like to put on it album in the background Christmas music, like soulful Christmas.

https://youtu.be/8uTw3Fb1rW4

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Bing Crosby "White Christmas". When I was a kid I would play "The Sounds of Christmas" link record the whole month of December. Still listen to it every every December. Brings back great memories :smile:
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nat King Cole "The Christmas Song." and Bing's  I'll be Home for Christmas. 
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    My favorite was 

The Time-Life Treasury Of Christmas, Volume Two

Look it up. Great collection. All winners in my opinion. No crap from maria cary or john lennon or paul mcartney. 

https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Time-Life-Treasury-Of-Christmas-Volume-Two/release/5287728
    Burl Ives: Silver and Gold

https://youtu.be/rY-XDQN6ipE

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Ramones - Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)

https://youtu.be/4Y5GtaTrPHM

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Charlie Brown Christmas

Thanks for the link, Chris

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been a miser. Christmas music made me livid. After all there's only a few dozen songs. After 3 hours, you've heard ever one of them. Then for the next 5 weeks you hear the radio just play the same songs with some different pop star "ooohing" and "babying" their way through it. But I've recently discovered that I didn't hate the music. I hated the pop stars and cookie cutter renditions of the same tired songs. I found an instrumental only Pandora Christmas channel that I can't get enough of. My wife is very happy to get her fix without my making vomit noises now
    @Captain_Call , if you're referring to the Celtic Holidays Radio, that's the one I listen to as well.  If there's another, please post it.  

My wife and I went through the same thing.  She liked most Christmas music, with the possible exception of "Grandma got runned over by a reindeer".  Me?  I love the instrumentals, can tolerate some of the classics, once per season.  

But, if I never again have to endure Joan Jett croaking out her flat rendition of Little Drummer Boy, or other horrid perversions of Christmas music by other narcissistic artists, it'll be too soon.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been a miser. Christmas music made me livid. After all there's only a few dozen songs. After 3 hours, you've heard ever one of them. Then for the next 5 weeks you hear the radio just play the same songs with some different pop star "ooohing" and "babying" their way through it. But I've recently discovered that I didn't hate the music. I hated the pop stars and cookie cutter renditions of the same tired songs. I found an instrumental only Pandora Christmas channel that I can't get enough of. My wife is very happy to get her fix without my making vomit noises now
    @Captain_Call , if you're referring to the Celtic Holidays Radio, that's the one I listen to as well.  If there's another, please post it.  

My wife and I went through the same thing.  She liked most Christmas music, with the possible exception of "Grandma got runned over by a reindeer".  Me?  I love the instrumentals, can tolerate some of the classics, once per season.  

But, if I never again have to endure Joan Jett croaking out her flat rendition of Little Drummer Boy, or other horrid perversions of Christmas music by other narcissistic artists, it'll be too soon.  
    I just typed Christmas into the Pandora station creator search box. Got lucky on the first one. It didn't have any indications it would be instrumental only but it's not the Celtic one. Kind of jazzy actually. A lot of brass and wind instead of the usual piano
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay,  I give in... IF I listen my two favorites are I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus and Little drummer boy. And I agree Nat King Cole is great. Now back to my Grinch cave I go.  😉
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its back!

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is one of my all time favorite Christmas albums! It was on all the time when I was a kid and it's still tops for me.

• Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Little Drummer Boy by Bing Crosby and David Bowie.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Charlie Brown Christmas

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember johnny mathis, the platters, all of the crooners and some motown Christmas music when I was a kid. Hate everything made after the early seventies.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

One year, our camping club was at a fairground where we usually held our Thanksgiving campout. Our rigs were all parked near an exhibit building next to the office which held, among other things, the player/recorder device that was broadcasting the Christmas music to all the speakers at the fairground.

Since this was a weekend, the office was locked up with the music player, set to loop continuously inside. Everything would have been fine if the player hadn’t gotten stuck on the cut of Johnny Mathis and his Chestnuts roasting on that damned open fire. ....😜😜😜

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:
    One year, our camping club was at a fairground where we usually held our Thanksgiving campout. Our rigs were all parked near an exhibit building next to the office which held, among other things, the player/recorder device that was broadcasting the Christmas music to all the speakers at the fairground.

Since this was a weekend, the office was locked up with the music player, set to loop continuously inside. Everything would have been fine if the player hadn’t gotten stuck on the cut of Johnny Mathis and his Chestnuts roasting on that damned open fire. ....😜😜😜

I could think of plenty of worse songs to get stuck on but still, that's a torture technique used to make people crazy. Please tell me there was a rebel who cut the wire.

@Bob_Luken said:

@jlmarta said:

I could think of plenty of worse songs to get stuck on but still, that's a torture technique used to make people crazy. Please tell me there was a rebel who cut the wire.

After a few hours, a couple well-placed phone calls rousted someone to the rescue. But those were some miserable hours.... 😟😟

This year I think I'm going in a different direction.

https://youtu.be/jzsSpsJimPw

^^^^^^Ooohh, far too noisy for this Oldfart.... it’s physically painful.... 😣

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coul have done without the bagpipes.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Yeah, it probably won't get much airplay, but I found it a nice change.

Here's another noisy one, not quite scratching the itch.

https://youtu.be/UmQuNoqhJjY