Home Non Cigar Related

Electronic pest control?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone ever used those little things that you plug in? They emit some kind of noise that mice don't like, supposedly.
We are in the midst of our annual mouse migration.

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried it for squirrels. Failed.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people get used to living in noisy cities, mice get used to sonic repellers in cellars.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience too.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    We have those electronic things in our shop at work and they don't work very well.
    They may keep the mice away directly around them, but other than that, they don't work.
    I agree with @Amos_Umwhat
    Peppermint oil works 100 times better.
    I put cedar sawdust in bags and put peppermint oil on it and it seems to work the best.

To clarify, I use fine mesh bags. Forgot to put that part.
    Post edited by 0patience on
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, peppermint it is.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pest Control Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Electronic stuff doesn't work. Have a Heart live traps do. A few years ago I trapped and released 14 flying squirrels in a two week span. Cute little critters but not big enough to eat.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, i don't know for sure. I drove and released the fuzz balls at least a 1/2 mile away.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, we have a mouse infestation in my office and they ate an entire large bag of peppermint lifesavers...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Electronic stuff doesn't work. Have a Heart live traps do. A few years ago I trapped and released 14 flying squirrels in a two week span. Cute little critters but not big enough to eat.
    Send one my way next time......It'll drive my dogs insane.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years ago, when the child bride and I owned a little mom & pop store and gas station up in the mountains, we inherited a herd of feral cats that the previous owner had been feeding. 

Every now and then, when we’d step out the front door to go open up the store, we’d find the tail of a flying squirrel on our porch. Occasionally a whole squirrel but mainly just the tails. I guess the cats were eating most of them and leaving the tails for us as a gift...